Search results

1. D

Orofino lodging

not within walking distance of restaurants but the go to place for me and many is the Konkolville Motel.
  2. D

A Farlows Classic

Have got a couple of those Farlow 4 1/4'ers like that. One has bearings, the other not.
  3. D

The Fly Fisher in Olympia Is No More

Am surprised Bjorn lasted as long as he did. Bought my first spey rod from the shop -25 years ago when his dad was also there. The end of an era for sure and one we have all been watching for a long time. As they say-"nothing stays the same forever" - but part of me wishes some things would.
  4. D

Interesting watery find!

best source for advanced ancient civilization is Brien Forster--youtube channel
  5. D

Getting Skunked

My standard reply for such situations--"the fishing was great!, but the catching was poor"
  6. D

SFR Best River data APP?

Thanks! Looks like there are lots of options out there. iphone here.
  7. D

SFR Best River data APP?

New phone says my old and trusty USGS River Data APP is no longer available despite it still working on my old phone. Any recommendations appreciated! Thanks.
  8. D

Seals at the Barrier Dam

Wow! Have never seen one that far up. Could be feasting on Springers or steelhead that stack up there.
  9. D

Kalama river... Where are the trout?

Have accidentally caught a few cutthroat there over the years, but they were rare for me. All in the upper river.
  10. D

Color in Cowlitz?

The Tilton River flows into the Cow below the Mossyrock Dam. It can blow out dirty and affect the color below Barrier Dam. Am guessing that is what happened.
  11. D

With Our Already High Fuel Prices This Is Really Going To Hit The Pocketbook

the solution----- https://recallinslee.org/
  12. 1664726728029.png

1664726728029.png

13. D

The Ghost of Steelhead Bob

I remember Trudy. I would give her a cutthroat or two when I had them. She was one of a kind.
  14. D

Kalama River

Used to fish the upper river alot, mostly in the winter when it was fly fishing only. Lots of good memories from that era. I make it down once or twice every winter just to take a look and fish some of the great runs up there.
  15. D

2022 Garden Thread

Got some from a neighbor many years ago and got lucky my first year with a good crop. At the time I did not know they only start growing tubers til after the Fall equinox and so altered my growing procedure to give me a bigger harvest. I grow them in pots outdoors through the summer and then...
  16. D

2022 Garden Thread

Anyone growing ocas?
  17. CB42B57B-E6D8-4021-AE89-EDA0E5CE1062.jpeg

CB42B57B-E6D8-4021-AE89-EDA0E5CE1062.jpeg

18. D

NFR Go see Top Gun - Maverick

That was definitely worth the watch! And truly is a big screen movie.
  19. D

Clearwater River Rod Advice?

Any rod will work, but for the low late summer flows the longer the better. Many, many 16'ers and longer can be seen in use. Some big wide runs there.