Search results

1. C

Rio Gold Fly Line good for Steelhead?

Would this line be a good all-around option for streamers and nymphs until I figure out what direction I wanted to go? Or should I be looking at a different line for steelhead to start out with? Thanks.
  2. C

What leader should I be looking at for steelhead?

Is this going to work for steelhead? Or do I need to be looking at something else? For the length of the leader... if I'm using streamers/nymphing on a floating line, I want the leader to be about the same length of the rod I'm using? And if I'm using a streamer on a sinking poly/versileader...
  3. C

Help me pick a rod for SRC and Steelhead

Im only one season deep into fly fishing. I’m fishing primarily in-land on the North Oregon Coast for SRC. The season ends soon and I only have a 5wt rod. I’d like to get into steelheading. Spey looks like a lot of fun but feel like it might be overkill for where I’m wading. Should I be...
  4. C

I hooked either a Salmon or Steelhead on my 5wt today...

Preface, I'm new to fly fishing and this is my first post here! I was going for cutthroat in the N. Fork of the Nehalem today. I was trying to dead drift my fly along a seam and it would get sucked under the water due to current near the end of the drift. On one of the drifts, I realized I was...