Search results

1. E

They DARED TO REMOVE ME

Explain Travers? Travers is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma, (think “Turducken”, jumbo-sized). He is what all of us secretly wish we were, but dare not to express. There’s a little part of Travers in each of us, and a little bit of each of us in Travers. I’m out of cliches here...
  2. E

Beer and reels

Instead of a beer-themed reel, how about a reel-themed beer (or brewery)? This place (on the Jersey shore) brews a lot of the "milkshake"-style IPAs, which I won't drink, but this looks good: Owner/brewer is a big-game angler, and the brewery décor reflects that.
  3. E

Trip Planning for Summer England / Scotland / Ireland in July

For a while, I was visiting Ireland for work a couple times a year. On one trip, I was going to be there over a weekend in June/July and made arrangements to fish near Dublin. Back about 20 years ago, Ireland was promoting its fly fishing opportunities and there were always a couple of booths...
  4. E

What Are You Eating?

We're currently getting our first accumulating snow this season, so it seemed like a good time to pull some wild raspberries (gathered from our backyard) out of the freezer: Turned them into a cobbler, which is a good way to enjoy a little taste of summer in the dead of winter:
  5. Raspberries.jpg

Raspberries.jpg

6. Cobbler.jpg

Cobbler.jpg

7. E

over-rated vs. under-rated

Reading this, it struck me that "Pineapple on Pizza" makes a better band name than culinary idea.....;)
  8. E

NFR Humor

Since today is the first full day of winter..... Two bass fisherman from down South had been hearing for years how much fun ice fishing was, and decided to head up to Michigan to give it a try. They stopped at a bait shop near a large frozen lake and went in to get some supplies. The clerk was...
  9. E

Interesting watery find!

This hypothesis may have little support, but new evidence suggests that the "missing link" may still live among us: ;)
  10. 1702050509197.png

1702050509197.png

11. E

NFR Any actual good online "black friday" or "cyber monday" deals you found?

Don't know the area at all, except that they get A LOT of snow, even by northeast US standards, due to the lake effect. I'd imagine it would be an even more dramatic difference for someone coming from the wet side of WA.
  12. E

The “Purdiest” trout…

A native east coaster (like me :)):
  13. brookie colors.jpg

brookie colors.jpg

14. E

The Pacific Shore

I really enjoy seeing the pics that are posted in the Puget Sound thread, and thought it would make sense to have a similar thread showcasing the big blue lake that's just a little further west. My wife and I spent a week on the Oregon coast in September (with a brief foray into WA), so I'll...
  15. Pacific Coastline.jpg

Pacific Coastline.jpg

16. Cape Disappointment.jpg

Cape Disappointment.jpg

17. Yaquina Head Lighthouse.jpg

Yaquina Head Lighthouse.jpg

18. Blackberries.jpg

Blackberries.jpg

19. Sea Lions.jpg

Sea Lions.jpg

20. Face Rock Sunset.jpg

Face Rock Sunset.jpg