Search results

1. W

NFR Hockey 23/24 Season

I'm gonna start fishing in one of these
  2. W

How are you storing/organizing your (flat) materials?

This is what I use for pheasant tail, ostrich, etc.
  3. 1714576609066.png

1714576609066.png

4. W

gear price jumps

444 full int is a great line. Mine seems to be getting better with age
  5. W

gear price jumps

I want to give them a try in florida. Haven't had a chance to try the cortland clear I just bought.
  6. W

NFR NBA 2024

I am pretty confident in my nuggets
  7. W

WWE/Hollywood's Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson loves fishing?

The Rock fished with a guide I know on the big hole river in Montana.
  8. W

Dept. of Ecology declares drought emergency for most of Washington state

I am all for hoot owl restrictions.
  9. W

Fly Lines + Heads

Yes, that is a floating line
  10. W

Fly Lines + Heads

I've got some fly lines to get rid of. US shipping included. None of them are on spools except for the 8wt outbound short. Rio Gold WF5 (Brand new) - $50 Rio Elite Rio Grand WF6 (Brand new) - $65 SA Anadro/Nymph WF6 (Use unknown, seems to be in good condition) SOLD SA Titan WF6 10' Sink Tip S3...
  11. W

a good stuff thread?

I've used these a good amount. Caught some pretty big snook on them and they held up fine
  12. W

Fishing the John Day

I floated that section two mays ago. Awesome float, a ton of fun. No signs of trout. Carp were porpoising all over. The water was chocolate milk, fishing was tough. Apparently they were catching them on poppers only a week before. I would bring a floating line setup and a long sink tip...
  13. W

Skagit Heads (Bridge, Rio, Airflo)

Bridge Torrent 550gr (used once, allegedly used once by former owner) - SOLD Airflo Skagit Compact 540gr (lightly used) - SOLD RIO Skagit iFlight F/I 350gr (lightly used) - SOLD RIO Skagit Flight 500gr (new) - SOLD RIO Scandi Short 360gr (brand new) - $25 Rio Skagit iFlight 450gr (brand new) -...
  14. W

vices?

Peak! Peak! Peak!
  15. W

Brush Table?

I built a brush table a few years ago, it had a fixed hook on one end and I used a drill on the other. While on a fishing trip my roommates at the time thought it was trash and threw it away. I ended up buying this one which seams to always be on sale. The biggest difference is the ability to...
  16. W

New Opportunity?

https://nwsportsmanmag.com/ominous-catches-during-lake-washington-gillnetting/ Might be more exciting than suspending a chironomid
  17. W

Boat bags?

I use these artbin boxes for tying materials but the plastic is very brittle, so I haven't brought them out fishing. I used to use these clear boxes but like the artbin boxes they kept cracking, so I picked up a sidio crate on black friday with dividers. Much more durable. I didn't buy a lid...
  18. W

Blob Flies!

Its interesting that this is such a common experience for you all. Are you guys fishing these slowly? I have only fished a few days with boobys, but the people I was with were stripping them super super fast, so I did that too. Never had any problem throat hooking fish.
  19. W

Blob Flies!

I have had a lot of luck with boobys in BC lakes for triploids. Stripped fast on a fast sinking line. I don't think color matters very much, just high vis and small. The best material I have found is FNF Jelly, which is a fantastic "bump" material for steelhead flies
  20. W

Rod differences

I wouldn't target redfish with a switch rod. If you want something for both go with a 9' 8wt single hander.