Search results

1. Brian Miller

FREE Useful Dog Gear! All=Size Large

Tactical Harness This harness size chart was right on for Sprocket's measurements. All fitted items fit him well. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KVRR5VQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1 Outward Hound PFD - I believe this is the model. Tried on for size but never actually...
  2. Brian Miller

Awesome Dogs of PNW

We adopted a 3 (or was he really 6?) year old, 70lb rescue Lab-Shepherd mix Sprocket in early Feb 2021. He was extremely smart but a challenge because he had been kept tied up, hadn't been trained, socialized with humans or other dogs, or neutered by his original owner. Animal Control removed...
  3. Brian Miller

U.S. drafts plan to bring grizzly bears back to Washington’s North Cascades (WAPO)

Or someone with a gun shaking while lying in a bear burrito!
  4. Brian Miller

U.S. drafts plan to bring grizzly bears back to Washington’s North Cascades (WAPO)

Kinda wish I'd had one on 1 trip near Mt Adams where this tree was next to an ideal spot to hang my hammock. Lying in my "bear burrito", I was awakened just as dawn was beginning to break by a loud, totally unfamiliar sound for about 15 minutes. The recording doesn't do it justice. While it's...
  5. Brian Miller

Wisdom from the easy chair? The residents of the territory 150 years ago probably disagreed, which is why Griz were extirpated.
  6. Brian Miller

As I stated earlier, I have had 2 fairly to very close surprise encounters with black bears (not carrying bear spray); the 1st and closest being a sow and cub that I managed to see and silently back away from before they saw me. At the 2nd encounter I was able to make myself appear larger by...
  7. Brian Miller

I had no expectations that the Feds would abandon their efforts to transplant Griz into WA. It sounds like they are at least starting with a 25 bear "test" population. But as I recall the "North Cascades Ecosystem" (NCE) extends south to I90 with a neighboring human population more than double...
  8. Brian Miller

NFR They weren’t kidding auto insurance

After serving 2 USAF enlistments I had a 38 year IT career; over 2/3 of it with a regional health insurance provider. A few years before I retired the company was rated highly by a consumer rating organization. Then the CEO told employees he wanted the company to reach USAA's Customer Service...
  9. Brian Miller

New bobber gives you “20%-100% more takes”!

Plumbobbers http://www.plumbobber.com/index.html look very interesting. However their production and distribution appears to be problematic. There is only one retail outlet listed on the Plumbobber website and they show none of any size in stock and a review stating they're hard to find...
  10. Brian Miller

NFR A government proposal to kill a half-million owls

Thank You for the update. I stand corrected. I could not find a more recent report about HB-1589 than the Feb 1 2024 KREM article, or an article about its companion Senate bill. I also apologize for my part of the derailment. Back to Owls
  11. Brian Miller

NFR A Flag Gripe

Red Represents valor, hardiness, courage, and readiness to sacrifice. It may also represent the blood shed by those who have fought to protect the country. White Represents purity and innocence. It may also represent independence from other countries and holding true to ideals. Blue Represents...
  12. Brian Miller

House Bill 1589, which failed to clear the legislature last year, is now getting a second look, with a revised version passing the House Monday by a 52-45 vote. The bill would ban any gas company that serves more than 500,000 customers — specifically, Puget Sound Energy (PSE) — from connecting...
  13. Brian Miller

^^^True Is "pushed" more like standing on the tracks in front of a freight train? Jan 30, 2024 https://mynorthwest.com/3947555/bill-ban-natural-gas-revived-passes-washington-house/ Feb 1, 2024...
  14. Brian Miller

Dept. of Ecology declares drought emergency for most of Washington state

I believe it is good to have the contrast of a less dire prediction from someone who is particularly knowledgeable about PNW weather. Post in thread '2024 Fishing Aspirations' https://pnwflyfishing.com/forum/index.php?threads/2024-fishing-aspirations.6807/post-159001 Back in December I opined...
  15. Brian Miller

They DARED TO REMOVE ME

^^ Wow he must be grieving the smackdown.... FIFY
  16. Brian Miller

SFR In search of decent cargo shorts

When I needed to replace my old worn out GI OGs shorts, along with my Carhart cargo shorts due to OMB (old man butt) syndrome near the end of last summer, I found stretch "Wrangler Riggs Cargo shorts" and Ariat "Rebar DuraStretch Made Tough 11"" (camo; very close to MARPAT) shorts one (fitted)...
  17. Brian Miller

What are you listening to?

Doing yardwork today streaming KBRD in the 'buds
  18. Brian Miller

NFR Humor

19. Brian Miller

FishWA App Update

I sent an email to the devs containing my comments above. I resent a forward adding your comments.
  20. Brian Miller

FishWA App Update

Nice to have tides *and cfs gauges (but I'd rather use Riverflows.net for cfs) included now* but I wish "Pamphlet Mode" option was persistent like the previous version. If I have the FishWA app open on my Samsung S-22+ and go to another app (Riverflows.net to check CFS), then go back to FishWA...