Search results

1. BigSplashTom

Black bamboo “ugly stick”

Steve gave me one of the bamboo sticks to create my own crooked monster. Maiden trip was last Tuesday with a 5wt floating line which casted horribly. Slipped on another reel loaded with 5wt type III full sink. Now the rod was singing. C&R some plants to christen the rod and splashed crown with...
  2. BigSplashTom

Splice tape?

Interesting idea. I like that it does not leave any residue. Does it provide good compression? Have not done a splice yet but have fixed a delamination and a couple breaks at ferrules. Bambooflyguy suggested using tie-wraps which worked well on the delam and thought I would use the same process...
  3. BigSplashTom

Black bamboo “ugly stick”

Steve let me cast the new stick the other day. Took a few casts to figure out the basic timing and was completely amazed at how well it casted. It was much better sitting back and watching Steve make one beautiful cast after another with that crazy stick. And of course he had to C & R more fish.
  4. BigSplashTom

New bobber gives you “20%-100% more takes”!

My BS indicator is pegged.
  5. BigSplashTom

SBS Little Beadhead SimiSeal Leech

Tying instructions with pics too. That is excellent. Thank you. I am using up the last of my Mustad #12 hooks (think 3906) with Simi Seal Black/Peacock tied with red glass bead. Never thought of using the Fl. Orange or Fl. Green beads. Great idea for stocker mania. Thank you again for sharing.
  6. BigSplashTom

99….almost 100

Tom Butler, I am not familiar with that pattern. Could you please share the pattern name. It looks like a super short micro leach tied on scud hook? Thx
  7. BigSplashTom

99….almost 100

Is there an un-like button
  8. BigSplashTom

99….almost 100

Last year I did it for the first and only time. Largemouth took the top fly, Bomber and the rainbow took the micro leech on the bottom. It was crazy but fun.
  9. 1713401540856.png

1713401540856.png

10. 1713025330339.png

1713025330339.png

11. BigSplashTom

99….almost 100

I was witness to 88 C&R but had to leave contentedly with 57 C&R. Certainly, cannot vouch for his next 11 fish. Hmmm, Could be some questionable counting practices going on with those 11 fish? This magnificent beauty was standing guard making sure there were no counting errors.
  12. BigSplashTom

Coffeepot Lake

Thx for the kind words. It's a long story and has no positive physical out come. Just like life it's what you do with it. My friend is definitely making the most out of life with his spinal injury. He is an amazing man.
  13. BigSplashTom

Coffeepot Lake

Ran over to Spokane to visit a friend with a spinal cord injury for 4 days. Tough to say the least. I had one day to fish Coffeepot Lake Wednesday 4/3 for the first time. No clouds temp. ~ 54F, Wind 6 to 10 mph coming straight down the lake, Water temp. 44F. Fished from 8 to 3pm. Slow day but...
  14. BigSplashTom

WA Stocking Schedule Release?

Bummer, I did not get out yesterday. Bigger bummer. Made it out to local Federal Way lake 2 days ago though and went 1/5. Love the tug even if it was on cast and retrieve type3 line. Oh, and not a WB!
  15. BigSplashTom

Hummingbird Fishing Buddy

Happy to assist Phil. Thanks for helping me remove some clutter from the garage.
  16. BigSplashTom

Hummingbird Fishing Buddy

Hummingbird Fishing Buddy with Mount. You have to pick it up from West Hill of Auburn. And it really works.
  17. BigSplashTom

lithium battery questions

The obvious solution to this battery BS is just go fishing more frequently. You will be happier and so will those batteries. The fish might not like it, or will they.
  18. BigSplashTom

lithium battery questions

Off-season?
  19. BigSplashTom

What's in your vise?

Excellent. Those hooks are finally getting put to good use.
  20. BigSplashTom

Keel Fly Hooks

They are yours