Search results

1. D

North Fork Stillaguamish and the loss of its "bugs"

Could be the combo of flooding and continued decline of all species of salmon that provide the nutrients for the food chain.
  2. D

2024 Skagit Steelhead

Guessing that fish has been caught before and the black nose is the fly.
  3. D

Skagit /Sauk

Well , Managed to make it up yesterday. Classic winter Steelhead day. Grey, wet and alot of casting. And thats a good thing. Fished 3 spots pretty hard, saw a jig fisher catch a hen on the Sauk. Hope to get out again .
  4. D

Spey Bros

5. D

College Football 2023

Happy to see 2 teams from the northern part of the country!
  6. D

Elwha 2024?

Any rumors about the Elwha finally opening? I've been lustily gazing at it every time I cross it on 101. Got my fingers crossed.
  7. D

2024 Fishing Aspirations

Great thread idea. I'm hoping to finally wet a line on the Elwha. Both summer and winter. Also would like to do more beach fishing, specifically would like a nookie off the beach.
  8. 42824.jpeg

42824.jpeg

9. D

Tire chemicals and coho

Seems like coho are small creek spanners. Small creek take the brunt of urban runoff.
  10. D

NFR Best concerts

Tragically Hip farewell tour opener in Victoria. Absolutely awesome! Get choked up every time I think about it. RIP Gordon Downie.
  11. D

Non-Fly Hoochies vs Spoons for Salmon Trolling

Went there about 15 years ago. Very cool, had to work for our fish but awesome area. Self guided. Very cool.
  12. D

Just an idea.

Ban Nets! Allow commercial fishing, but with a rod and reel. Commercial fisherman , native and non native can do it the hard way. Cull the predators. Not saying kill them all, just control them. Seals, Sealions and Seabird(Cormorants). End commercial fishing for foage fish. Herring...
  13. D

The Mountain Bike Thread

Yeah, When I stopped riding I told myself I'd just be mellow.... Not a chance. It's like an alcoholic saying I'll just drink beer!!!
  14. D

The Mountain Bike Thread

Whistler is MTB Mecca!! Had a seasons pass 6 yrs. in a row from 05 to 2010. Expensive but fun!
  15. D

The Mountain Bike Thread

I used to, but being an aging hardwood floorman forced me to quit. Cold turkey! I miss the shit out of it. Still have my 2009 Santa Cruz Heckler sitting in the garage. All clean and lonely. I think about riding, then think better of it. I see all the new fangled Carbon 29ers and drool. But...
  16. D

Snohomish/Skykomish get screwed

And pygmy ponies.
  17. D

Puget Sound

Was headed to pick up a client for an airport run to SeaTac, down passed Allyn. Saw a big black fin out it the bay. Made my way to the public dock in Allyn and got an amazing show. 5 Orcas that swam right up to the dock and under it . Very cool and scary at the same! Lots of bait rippling all...
  18. D

Visiting an old friend

I caught one on the lower Sauk, more silvery, sparsely spotted. About 15yrs ago swinging a size 1 spey fly. Beautiful fish.