Search results

1. Blue Lines

Advice- Southern Oregon

Starting a new job in a week and taking a last minute camping trip to fish, hike, and spend time with the dog. I’m excited to explore southern Oregon, leaving Salem on Sunday and returning Friday. I’ve never been there before and am excited for the adventure. I’m open to suggestions, but...
  2. Blue Lines

Tenkara for Euro-nymphing?

While my love is fishing dries (3wt glass is where it’s at!) I’ve been growing more and more interested in the Dark Side, aka Euro-nymphing. I’m not excited to buy another set up before I know if I’ll use it much, and then I got to thinking that functionally my Tenkara rod shared many aspects...
  3. Blue Lines

Brown trout on the Metolious

Just got back from the Metolious, fun and interesting camping trip. Arrived early Friday, just as this latest winter storm was passing, and it was *cold*, 13 degrees was the high temp and it was still snowing a bit. I saw one angler pick up a couple whitefish while euro-nymphing but that’s about...
  4. Blue Lines

Crooked- update requested

Heading to Prineville next weekend for some non-fishing related business. This will be my first time in the area since they increased the flows again. Has anyone fished it recently? How did it go? I’m debating if I should camp on the Crooked Saturday night, or if I’d be better served heading...
  5. Blue Lines

Fishing and camping with dogs?

My father passed this fall and I inherited a very sweet and well behaved border collie. She loves camping, and when my wife comes as well things work out great, but I’m at a loss of what to do with her if I were to go camping with just the dog. I almost exclusively fish rivers, and spend most of...