Search results

1. Clam Gun

Run Etiquette

I'm like most of you, if someone is in the run, find another run or go drink coffee. In this case since it's close to me I might hop in there just to test out a rod or a new fly pattern or the like. I was curious if anyone thought it was cool to tie up a run while they were present as I've come...
  2. Clam Gun

Run Etiquette

I would like to know everyone's opinion about run etiquette. I live on a popular run on the Clackamas River (I know boo hoo) and I often show up and there are already folks fishing. I am able to fish both sides of the river as I have a little pack raft and I can blow it up and zip across in a...
  3. Clam Gun

Click Pawl

I was fishing this morning and it was a beautiful morning. About 30 min into my run a boat pulled in across the river from me. One of the guys had a click reel. Zzzzzzz, zzzzzzzzz. Now, if I wasn't a fan of click pawl reels it may have been annoying.
  4. Clam Gun

Click Pawl

Hands down they take the aesthetics category, though I would like to see someone fight a steelhead with their line stuffed in their pocket.
  5. Clam Gun

Click Pawl

What do you guys think about this video starting at about 1:28, is this the reel causing the undulation in the rod tip? can you back off the drag to fight a fish in a smoother fashion
  6. Clam Gun

Click Pawl

Zzzzzzzzz, zzzzz,zzzzzzzzzz. Oh thats just me getting ready to post. I have a question about the click pawl reels. Besides nostalgia, what is the draw? It seems like they aren't the best tool for the job. I've seen many fish farmed out to "ratchety drag syndrome" of which the CP can be guilty...
  7. Clam Gun

7 vs 8 wt for PDX area winter steelhead?

The op seems to be asking a couple different questions, 7 or 8, 13'? PDX area? There are a couple of rivers on the OR coast where it could be preferential to cast an 8 weight, but I never have. Also, my 7 wt is far more stout than my nooker bait rod, as is my 6. It seems like it's more about...