Search results

1. J

Frustrating Issue with 3 Sage Rods in a Row

Its not country of origin issue... very few adhesives take heat well. In fact, if you google how to remove a reel seat I'm pretty sure the top results are "stick it in boiling water" and "use a heat gun". It doesn't help that Sage may not be using enough adhesive. If a car can reach 143* in the...
  2. J

Frustrating Issue with 3 Sage Rods in a Row

While I’m not gonna necessarily defend Sage, I will say that heat is the enemy of a lot of adhesives. Maybe it’s a combination of heat and a different glue like someone else suggested, but I do think the heat is definitely a factor.
  3. J

Hiking in?

Depends on what I'm doing, my method of getting in(hiking vs biking) and the distance I'm going. I have an Alpacka Caribou for true "hike in" endeavors... I'm talking more than a mile or so. Usually space is at a premium and I'm packing other stuff as well(sometimes sleeping gear depending) so...
  4. J

Springtime fishing SF "S" river questions(and spring questions in general)

I know I've posted here before about my only FF experience being in summertime/fall... and I'm trying to change that. I went out yesterday and hit the aforementioned river... I came up with a big fat zero, but I'd like to ask a few questions. I was higher up in the system - places that I would...
  5. J

Fishing along the Alcan Highway

I, too, am looking forward to the trip report from this. Sounds like a hell of a trip!
  6. J

Mt Adams area FF options end of April?

My thoughts exactly. No doubt there’s good fishing up there in the summer(if cascades trout is your jam)… but right now, I don’t think much if anything is open - whether it be closed by regs or snow and ice.
  7. J

Low elevation brookie lakes in Washington?

Gotta love Paul Hogan creek
  8. J

I did see one named after that guy, but like most small waters is closed this time of year!
  9. J

Chris Hemsworth has a creek named after him!? 🤣
  10. J

Thanks for the input(and the couple of PMs I’ve received). I have no issues going east - in fact, the rest of this week I was supposed to go to Montana however from what I’ve gathered trying to camp where I want to camp isn’t really an option, and spending $30 a night to set up a tent is...
  11. J

Hopefully this isn't as sacrilegious as asking for a river spot as these guys aren't native here(and most of the places I've encountered them, they're overpopulated). I have a ton of experience catching these guys in high mountain lakes and some of the small streams on both sides of the...
  12. J

New Sage rod

I know its impossible, but I'd love to see a shootout with regular fisherman casting a bunch of unbranded rods. Same blank color and style, same reel seat, same cork, same guides... all different brands including the big names and no-names like Maxcatch and other Chinese/Amazon specials. I...
  13. J

New Sage rod

Yep... the same kinds of people ruined return policies at places like REI. People returning 5 year old boots with 700 miles on them, or the guy bringing back his tent that he's used for 20 nights every season for the past 10 years. People don't realize that a lot of items are "consumables". Fly...
  14. J

Northern ID vs NW MT in early April?

Yeah that was what I remembered reading awhile back, but I didn't dive too deeply into the regs beyond the D. If a guy was interested in the smaller sections of said bittersweet waters, do you think it would be worth a trip out of the way? I know during the summers its worth it.
  15. J

The thought crossed my mind, but probably not the Met haha. I don’t feel like getting my ass kicked that hard… I am thinking of the right river? It’s supposedly super challenging
  16. J

If it wasn't for the extended drive, I'd just cruise over to the central district. However, with it being a solo endeavor I don't know how I feel about driving 12 hours there and back. Seems daunting! It would be one thing if I was going with someone else. There is a very small handful of...
  17. J

Hoping I can get some guidance on this! I have experience fishing Montana - albeit during the summer months but never in spring... in fact, I've never fished the spring season at all. I'm going to change that this year! Early April my wife is taking the kids and going back home for a week to...
  18. J

American Made Flyrods

You have to draw the line somewhere in both directions. On one hand, a lot of foreign countries are making a decent product these days. I’m not so snobby that I’ll turn up my nose to a foreign made item if it’s good. With that said, some companies are incredibly greedy and they’ll bring to...
  19. J

SFR SFR - Recommendations for Limited Van Conversions

To be fair, there isn't a dealer that sells lifted trucks that I'd buy anything from.
  20. J

....this isn't the package you're looking for....

If it makes it into the closet/cabinet/whatever, is it new or did you always have that one;)?