Search results

1. ThatGuyRyRy

Non-Fly Strait/Sound Halibut

This fishery sounds so fun. It would be much more my speed and comfortability with the depths that you fish
  2. ThatGuyRyRy

Non-Fly Strait/Sound Halibut

Hoping to do a trip out to some of the banks this Friday. I'm thinking try the tops for lings first and then spend the rest of the time for butts.
  3. ThatGuyRyRy

Bread Thread

I feel like I'm getting my recipes dialed now. I've been working with a standard boule and using the steam bake and thermometer on my oven. I've been getting consistent rise even when doing multiple day cold ferment.
  4. ThatGuyRyRy

Non-Fly 2023 - Dirtbag PS Salty Salmon Fishing

You know I think I've only caught one ho ho as bycatch. I've never actually used a plug to Target coho. Depending on where you're fishing, I think that coho can be dumb enough to hit just about anything, but I usually stick to the coho flies once they are down south
  5. ThatGuyRyRy

I have and I'm just not completely sold yet. I went through a streak of losing a lot of fish last year with the breakaway. It's also still too much drag for a. 5-year-old. Maybe now that he's six
  6. ThatGuyRyRy

If this is what you meant @Chucker me neither. I like the plugs a lot because I fish with my little kids and they still have a hard time reeling in the rods with a flasher. Plugs have enough action themselves that they can be fished without the flasher
  7. ThatGuyRyRy

I don't really focus on the speed. Just making sure that I have a 45° angle on my downrigger cable. So I'm using 15 lb balls and at minimum 150 ft on the cable.
  8. ThatGuyRyRy

Tomic Plug on one or both rods for me. Switch out green hornet flasher with splatter back green hootchie or Irish cream spoon or ace hi fly if I'm not running two plugs. Though I also have tied my own flies for trolling which have worked really well.
  9. ThatGuyRyRy

Puget Sound

Hey if anybody was out fishing this week or next week? My wife is doing some salmon curriculum and wanted to do a salmon fish print at school. If anybody were running into legal coho in 13 or 11 this weekend, it would be really cool to be able to come and pick one up.
  10. ThatGuyRyRy

Baseball 2024

Just came home early from the Rainier's. Put up 5 in the 6th to pull within 1. Had to duck early for the kids but I'm so glad baseball is back. Came back to listen to Extras for the Ms, feels like a good year.
  11. ThatGuyRyRy

Coffee talk

I'll do mine in the house. In my old house I was able to get away but that underneath the range hood with the windows open. My new range hood sucks and so I'm going to have to move to the garage now
  12. ThatGuyRyRy

Coffee talk

So per @Matt B, I had to get the extension tube for my Fresh Roast Sr540. Best unexpected news is that I am able to increase the volume that I can roast. It's amazing the increase in agitation that you get with it and I was able to roast at half the power and fan speed that I usually do. I...
  13. ThatGuyRyRy

Bread Thread

Got my boule shaper so had to try it out. Looks pretty good so far. Waiting until tomorrow morning for the cut.
  14. ThatGuyRyRy

My 12 lber was super pale. Tasted way more fishy than my normal salmon, but that's what a diet of herring do. Buttery and pale
  15. ThatGuyRyRy

Mooching? Or did you go full dirtbag
  16. ThatGuyRyRy

I only fish the slack or the very start of a tide change. You have to use the motor to try to keep your lines vertical.
  17. ThatGuyRyRy

Yesterday was a dud for me besides one starfish I jigged up after leaving my jig one second too long on the bottom.
  18. ThatGuyRyRy

Bread Thread

190 is what this says.
  19. ThatGuyRyRy

Bread Thread

We got a Frigidaire gallery Induction with Total Convection oven. It honestly is amazing. I followed up with Gary and followed his instructions to do the bake using the steam bake setting. I baked it with steam for 20 minutes at 450. Then it has a built-in thermometer to be able to read the...
  20. ThatGuyRyRy

Bread Thread

Well the oven has a proofing setting and I tried the steam bake setting as well. This is definitely the best crumb I've gotten