Got any bird pics?

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
Thanks to Friend @RichS I managed to capture a little more variety.
The Black Crowned Night Herons were still there . . .
Black Crowned Night Herons 1.JPG
As was a Greater Scaup hen (I think) . . .

Greater Scaup Hen.JPG

Jim F.

And hen Shoveler with 2 hen Buffleheads . . .
Buffleheads and Shoveler.JPGHen Shoveler.JPG

Jim F.

Just for comparison, I went back thru some older pictures. Bufflehead drakes are sure a pretty bird.
DSC00504 (2).JPG

Gyrfalcon22

Life of the Party
Good to see that you got out and took great shots, Jim !

Had to add this on to your Bufflehead shot. This was nearing dark here tonight on my walk up the road. A Bufflehead photobombing its giant kin.
A favorite bird of any category, the Bufflehead. They are beautiful in form and color for sure. Even a classic name.
View attachment 49028

Last edited:

Gyrfalcon22

Life of the Party
Black Crowned Night Herons in Richland. There were nine of them. I myself have never seen more than one in a spot before. First sunny day in ages as well.
View attachment 48849
View attachment 48851
View attachment 48852
That is a bunch of them ! Very nice. Never forget my first Black-crowned NH. Being a west-sider I had not seen one until I fished Lenore in the mid-80's. I recall I was walking around a basalt beachhead when I walked right into a spectacular red-eyed beauty of a heron. That was super impressive moment.

Last edited:

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Poor pics of wild kingdom action. These black and white ducks had a favorite part of the lake.
20230113_ducks.jpg
And two eagles with beautiful white heads kept going for them. One was got, dropped into the rushes, and the eagle circled back in to bring it out.
20230113_eagle.jpg

Kilchis

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
An exchange student from a foreign land, this is a Eurasian Teal on this continent, Common Teal on that big landmass to the west. Differentiated from our Green-winged teal by the presence of that horizontal white stripe on the upper side and lack of a vertical white bar on the breast. This bird showed up in the Willamette Valley in 2021 after taking a wrong turn in……maybe Siberia?

E3D2DE06-0A27-4D4E-9061-6F86A1F0C6EF.jpeg