Fishin' Buddy mod

Eyejuggler

High bank poacher
Forum Supporter
Howdy!
I thought I would share a mod I did on my old 120, 74% Sativa inspired scavenged construct of a mount...I'm proud of it 😊
I am not an electrician or an engineer, if you have any tips on improvement or tweaking, please hollar! Just me experimenting and learning. 😊😳🤪
Been fishing out of the canoe a lot on the South Sound this year, it's lightness allowed us to tolerate even more than one hump down the Fox Island Pier "ramp". 😊
First I wanted to make it compatible with my Dakota and Nocqua batteries using a converter to work with the 120's 9 volt limit
I went cheap but thoughtful, the finished version is a bit less clunky, and clamps like a champ on the cross bars, gunwale, and Hobie H-crate.
Key materials;
-Chunk of Hobie kayak hull
-4.5" PVC conduit (a 5 foot section found in the wild, washed up on my favorite beach)
-12v to 9v converter
-Various RAM mount and parts, including the bungee and Hobie knobs.
If this is not
- wires and stuff.

-- This 120 can be connected back to the shaft and used in my float tube.
-- The transducer is a wired unit attached to the motor.
-- The upper portion of the unit has a layer of electrical tape around the base that slides perfectly into the PVC, then secured with a bungee.
-- This is 100% a Work in progress!
----------------------

The first version, clunky and held together with a webbing keeper loop.😉
PXL_20221013_184524465-01.jpeg

Version 2, thinner, lighter, and more durable.
PXL_20221203_011137444-01.jpeg

Bottom with wire port, ball, and bungee.
PXL_20221203_011430226-01.jpeg

Converter and port. Not connected yet, waiting on a power plug.
PXL_20221203_011935262-01.jpeg

PXL_20221203_010908879-01.jpeg

Thanks for looking! 🤪😊

Last edited:

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
A couple questions - but first, congratulations! What transducer are you using that's attached to your motor? Can you share a picture of that mount? Do you use the standard battery pack with your float tube or are you using the converter there as well?

Cool stuff!

Wanative

Spawned out Chum
Forum Supporter
Howdy!
I thought I would share a mod I did on my old 120, 74% Sativa inspired scavenged construct of a mount...I'm proud of it 😊
I am not an electrician or an engineer, if you have any tips on improvement or tweaking, please hollar! Just me experimenting and learning. 😊😳🤪
Been fishing out of the canoe a lot on the South Sound this year, it's lightness allowed us to tolerate even more than one hump down the Fox Island Pier "ramp". 😊
First I wanted to make it compatible with my Dakota and Nocqua batteries using a converter to work with the 120's 9 volt limit
I went cheap but thoughtful, the finished version is a bit less clunky, and clamps like a champ on the cross bars, gunwale, and Hobie H-crate.
Key materials;
-Chunk of Hobie kayak hull
-4.5" PVC conduit (a 5 foot section found in the wild, washed up on my favorite beach)
-12v to 9v converter
-Various RAM mount and parts, including the bungee and Hobie knobs.
If this is not
- wires and stuff.

-- This 120 can be connected back to the shaft and used in my float tube.
-- The transducer is a wired unit attached to the motor.
-- The upper portion of the unit has a layer of electrical tape around the base that slides perfectly into the PVC, then secured with a bungee.
-- This is 100% a Work in progress!
----------------------

The first version, clunky and held together with a webbing keeper loop.😉
View attachment 43598

Version 2, thinner, lighter, and more durable.
View attachment 43597

Bottom with wire port, ball, and bungee.
View attachment 43594

Converter and port. Not connected yet, waiting on a power plug.
View attachment 43595

View attachment 43596

Thanks for looking! 🤪😊
MacGyverism at it's finest. Well done.

Last edited:

Eyejuggler

High bank poacher
Forum Supporter
A couple questions - but first, congratulations! What transducer are you using that's attached to your motor? Can you share a picture of that mount? Do you use the standard battery pack with your float tube or are you using the converter there as well?

Cool stuff
Thanks!
Here's the link on Amazon.

Mounted on the bottom.
PXL_20221205_185927064-01.jpeg

PXL_20221205_185907261-01.jpeg
When I use my float tube I use the original stem mount, but run the power from a battery (Nocqua because the are small) stashed in my side pocket on the tube.