Derelict fishing gear

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
If any of you photo warriors want the coordinates for the location of these nets PM me and I will give them to you. Go take some photos and alert the media and let us know how it goes.

flybill

Life of the Party
I’m not the expert I just know what I have been told. Either way I don’t think the media will touch this stuff.
That's sad! It's a better story than. 99% of the shit the media reports.

Sadly most people don't know or care about salmon and steelhead.. or in many cases don't know what a steelhead is and why it's important, even if you don't fish or eat them.

On the later, eating steelhead, whether in a restaurant or home I always ask where the fish is from. Salmon too! If they don't know then I don't buy it!

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Yea, as I recall it went on for quite awhile.

I believe the state deferred to the tribe for "appropriate punishment"................. I'm sure justice was served. And this was not a warden accused. This was a director role higher up. Systematic crime in a system tasked with watching over a resource..... No way!

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
I believe the state deferred to the tribe for "appropriate punishment"................. I'm sure justice was served. And this was not a warden accused. This was a director role higher up. Systematic crime in a system tasked with watching over a resource..... No way!

This statement from that article blows my mind.

“They also argue the men had boat issues on a day that would have been legal to fish, so the tribe allowed them to fish on a closed day.”

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
This statement from that article blows my mind.

“They also argue the men had boat issues on a day that would have been legal to fish, so the tribe allowed them to fish on a closed day.”
No that happened to me once for a whole week. I found equity though and slayed late steelhead in late April. I was also having barbeque issues in December so I bonked a couple nates to get more equity. It's so nice to live in such an equitable society. Take what you need, leave nothing. Equity.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
No that happened to me once for a whole week. I found equity though and slayed late steelhead in late April. I was also having barbeque issues in December so I bonked a couple nates to get more equity. It's so nice to live in such an equitable society. Take what you need, leave nothing. Equity.
I didn't make enough money last month so I think I'll head to the bank on Monday and git me some mo!

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
This reminds me of the undergrads in my labs during grad school who wanted to work for WDFW to save fish…..Bless their hearts!
This reminds me of a starry eyed young gal I knew over a decade ago who couldn't wait to go to law school to work for NOAA to save the whales. I told her "if you want to actually get anything done to save the whales, you don't want to work for NOAA. You want to work with the NGOs or agencies that sue NOAA."

Kind of like this:

She's a lawyer now but I don't know what she does these days.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I didn't make enough money last month so I think I'll head to the bank on Monday and git me some mo!

I think you should. That's where they keep the money. Explain the situation and in sure they will hand over the cash

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
You are naive or speaking from an era that no longer exists. The media and WDFW won’t touch this stuff from a low altitude orbit. As was said earlier in this thread, we cannot legally take photos of tribal fishing activities. Even if we could the discussion would be about history and racism and not about nets killing protected fish for no reason whatsoever.

Is this an appropriate place to remind people that you pay a crab enhancement free. What is being done to "enhance" crab. Oh I know, it must be part of the deralict vessel fee where deralict vessels aren't cleaned up so they sink and become better habitat? You also pay a Columbia river stamp intended to remove nets from the Columbia main channel in an agreement with Oregon. Yeah well we didn't keep our end and the fee is still charged even if you just want to fish man-made musky on a manage man made impoundment that eventually drains to the Columbia they has zero to do with the deal Washington didn't keep.

Notice a pattern? Is anybody not at least a little distrusting of the situation?

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
Is this an appropriate place to remind people that you pay a crab enhancement free. What is being done to "enhance" crab. Oh I know, it must be part of the deralict vessel fee where deralict vessels aren't cleaned up so they sink and become better habitat? You also pay a Columbia river stamp intended to remove nets from the Columbia main channel in an agreement with Oregon. Yeah well we didn't keep our end and the fee is still charged even if you just want to fish man-made musky on a manage man made impoundment that eventually drains to the Columbia they has zero to do with the deal Washington didn't keep.

Notice a pattern? Is anybody not at least a little distrusting of the situation?

This reminds me of a World Peace Fund Foundation I am starting. It’s 10$ per year to be a member and help make world peace. All of you just pay me 10$ per year!

Reactions: JS

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter

It's okay, they don't trust you either.