BREAKING NEWS: Echo Fly Fishing/Rajeff Sports has a new owner

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Is the new owner a giant multinational?
Is the new owner a private equity fund?
Is it a foreign government with an interest in fly fishing?

NOPE.

Rajeff sports has been sold to two long time employees, Jamie Hixson and Jarrod Black. Tim Rajeff will still be involved as a designer and board member and general mischief maker. In an age of companies being sold to new owners who don't know anything about fishing and don't actually care, this is good news to hear. Kudos to Tim, Katherine, Jamie, and Jarrod.

Here's the official news:

1661988422406.png

Rajeff Sports Purchased by Long-time Employees
Vancouver, WA — Rajeff Sports, a leading fly fishing distributor and owner of Echo brand fly fishing rods, has been purchased by long-time employees Jamie Hixson and Jarrod Black. Co-founders Tim Rajeff and Katherine Hart will both continue to work with the company as board members, and Tim will continue to focus his efforts as chief product designer and promoter of fun.

Katherine Hart, co-founder of Rajeff Sports, said “I am grateful to pass the reigns to Jarrod and Jamie—they have been with us since the beginning and are a big part of the success of Rajeff Sports. We’re excited to see them continue to grow the company and support our network of customers.” Tim Rajeff added that, “by handing the reigns over to Jamie and Jarrod, I’ll have more time to focus on rod design in my continued position with the company.”

Founded in 2001, Rajeff Sports is a leading distributor of fly fishing goods, including both Echo brand fly rods and AirLock strike indicators. Their Fly Shop Strong initiative is a key industry effort to promote specialty fly shops and support their vital role in the growth of fly fishing.

For more information, contact Rajeff Sports at info@rajeffsports.com or 360-694-2900.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I’ve gotten some great service and advice from Jamie in the past.
Congrats to both and best of luck in the future.
SF

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
Whew. Love my Echo rods, and looking forward to many more

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I'll just add my little piece here because I want the discussion to be free to go where it goes without my influence... But this is the best possible outcome for the company.

Divad

Whitefish
@Evan B I was hoping you would say something, thank you. Having longtime employees buyout is pretty darn great over some other options that were likely present.

Here’s to even better times ahead for everyone at Echo 🍻

Pink Nighty

Life of the Party
I was scared when I read this title, I love echo rods and have had fantastic customer service interactions with them. Really great to hear how this went down!

As someone whose wallet literally trembles with fear when I see the price of a new Sage, Echo is the shop that gets my bucks and I'm stoked to keep that going.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I’ll Echo the thoughts above and it’s a Lift and a great Boost for me to see this. Whoa that was bad, No longer in my Prime, I’ll take that Trip to the corner and Ionize my fingers shut!

Congrats!!!!! 🎊🎈🎉

Look forward to Echo’s future!!!

Mac17

Just Hatched
I'm going to have to start looking at their rods. My rod company of choice has gone in the exact opposite direction in recent years.