Inflatable boat deals at Costco

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Costco has a couple inflatable boats on sale through the weekend. Just generic made-in-china stuff. But the reviews out there seem pretty positive generally. I talked to a guy at the lake who had the Mirovia one as a tender and he was stoked on it. I mean, you're not getting an NRS raft or a Zodiac for this price. But could be the ticket for some fun/fishing for your family. The brand is "Tobin Sports", but I've also seen them advertised as Hydro Force and Bestway. I wouldn't expect these to last a lifetime. But with care, they should last more than long enough to get your money out of them as far as fun. Tags said sale was through June 19th,which is this Sunday.

Mirovia Pro 10'10" - $560
Zodiac style boat with drop stitch air floor. Claims up to a 15hp engine (though that seems like a wild ride). Here's the costco website page for it (with a higher shipped price). There are some youtube videos out there, but they don't really give much "review" info about quality and even less about using it for fishing. Though given how fishing from an inflatable seems more popular in the UK salt than over here (though some guys in CA seem to as well), that's not surprising.

IMG_1628.jpeg IMG_1627.jpeg IMG_1592.jpeg

Canyon Pro 9'6"
Sort of a river raft looking thing? Again, drop stitch air floor. The thwart "seats" aren't attached and just sit in the boat. You can actually buy a $29 motor mount from Amazon and add a little trolling motor to this. I did see one complaint that the oars weren't spaced correctly. No idea if that was because dude didn't know how to row, a QC problem, or bad design. There's a dude on youtube who got one recently and was posting himself standing up in it pretty easily. Could be a budget pond yacht. Here's the costco website page for it (with a higher shipped price).

IMG_1625.jpeg IMG_1626.jpeg IMG_1593.jpeg

The same company makes a two person inflatable kayak. But reviews seemed kinda "meh" and I'm not really looking for one myself. But I'm pretty sure it's on sale in-store as well. Here it is on their website.

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 9.21.52 AM.png

And of course the old Caddis float tube is around once again (though not on sale). Nothing special, but you should at least float for $70. I'd rather look for a used Fish Cat or something. But sometimes you just gotta get out on the water.

IMG_1629.jpg

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
I will say that a quick YouTube search TON of dudes who use the Intex inflatable boats (that are really similar to the "Canyon" one above) for bass/pond fishing.

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
Nice. A friend of mine at work has one of the "zodiak-style" ones with the high pressure inflatable floor and seems to like it. He's not a fisherman and probably only uses it once every year or two on family camping trips. But for that kind of use stuff like this is a good deal.

When I was 16 and just starting my fishing career in the local lakes (in a Seyvlor raft from Jafco), my "dream" boat was a small Zodiak with a hard wood floor and stern that could mount a trolling motor. I never did get one but still think they're cool.

-andy

Reactions: Zak

kerrys

Ignored Member
a Seyvlor went to Antelope Lake with us on every camping trip, turned upside down was the kids near shore jump off float..never fished from it once..
My first fly fishing boat was a Seyvlor. It had a rinky dink strap on motor mount for an electric trolling motor. I took a sheet of 3/8 plywood and cut a floor for it. I did a quick fiberglass job on the plywood and shoved it down inside the boat. The thing was likely a death trap but it got me on the local lakes and caught a lot of fish.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Check out this guy with a bow mount trolling motor setup:

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
My first fly fishing boat was a Seyvlor. It had a rinky dink strap on motor mount for an electric trolling motor. I took a sheet of 3/8 plywood and cut a floor for it. I did a quick fiberglass job on the plywood and shoved it down inside the boat. The thing was likely a death trap but it got me on the local lakes and caught a lot of fish.
I did the same thing, rough cut out a plywood insert with a jig saw and eased the edges. Put that in the raft and rolled out a piece of green Astro turf over it. For a poor teenage kid it made it feel like a real boat!

Costco has a couple inflatable boats on sale through the weekend. Just generic made-in-china stuff. But the reviews out there seem pretty positive generally. I talked to a guy at the lake who had the Mirovia one as a tender and he was stoked on it. I mean, you're not getting an NRS raft or a Zodiac for this price. But could be the ticket for some fun/fishing for your family. The brand is "Tobin Sports", but I've also seen them advertised as Hydro Force and Bestway. I wouldn't expect these to last a lifetime. But with care, they should last more than long enough to get your money out of them as far as fun. Tags said sale was through June 19th,which is this Sunday.

Mirovia Pro 10'10" - $560
Zodiac style boat with drop stitch air floor. Claims up to a 15hp engine (though that seems like a wild ride). Here's the costco website page for it (with a higher shipped price). There are some youtube videos out there, but they don't really give much "review" info about quality and even less about using it for fishing. Though given how fishing from an inflatable seems more popular in the UK salt than over here (though some guys in CA seem to as well), that's not surprising.

View attachment 18758 View attachment 18759 View attachment 18763

Canyon Pro 9'6"
Sort of a river raft looking thing? Again, drop stitch air floor. The thwart "seats" aren't attached and just sit in the boat. You can actually buy a $29 motor mount from Amazon and add a little trolling motor to this. I did see one complaint that the oars weren't spaced correctly. No idea if that was because dude didn't know how to row, a QC problem, or bad design. There's a dude on youtube who got one recently and was posting himself standing up in it pretty easily. Could be a budget pond yacht. Here's the costco website page for it (with a higher shipped price).

View attachment 18761 View attachment 18760 View attachment 18762

The same company makes a two person inflatable kayak. But reviews seemed kinda "meh" and I'm not really looking for one myself. But I'm pretty sure it's on sale in-store as well. Here it is on their website.

View attachment 18772

And of course the old Caddis float tube is around once again (though not on sale). Nothing special, but you should at least float for $70. I'd rather look for a used Fish Cat or something. But sometimes you just gotta get out on the water.

View attachment 18766
They also sell a decent pontoon by Classic. Company here but made in China. Bought one in a pinch a couple years ago and good on lakes. No issues. Right price with nice padded swivel seat. No pump and anchor system is poor. Bit heavy if weak. Best thing if you don't like, take it back.

Attachments

• IMG_20220617_121621634.jpg
    IMG_20220617_121621634.jpg
    687.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 25481.jpg
    25481.jpg
    874.1 KB · Views: 20

Aufwuchs

Steelhead
I bought a Sevylor raft for when I was 16. I paid for it with money I earned working as a cook at KFC.I bought it mostly for backpacking but used it in lots of places. It weighed about 10 lbs. I had it for about 20 years. It eventually split a seam and had to toss it. It was a good deal and worked great for what I wanted.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Heads up that the sales appear to have been extended to the 24th, at least according to the online product page. I haven't been into costco recently to check.

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
Ugh costyco website for the mirovia lists capacity as "5 adults". Which usually means 2 grown Americans and a small dog... Capacity is everything...

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Ugh costyco website for the mirovia lists capacity as "5 adults". Which usually means 2 grown Americans and a small dog... Capacity is everything...
Box lists ~1400lbs as capacity. How accurate that is, who knows? To their credit, the manufacturer's (UK) website seems to say:

Ideal inflatable boat for two adults to cruise and explore the water in; the raft is made of high quality, durable Tritech™ and Drop Stitch for strength and comfortability
and...
The Bestway® Hydro‑Force™ Mirovia Pro Inflatable Boat is capable of comfortably supporting 4 adults and 1 child (Max Weight 640kg/ 1411lbs). Perfect for enjoying a lake or the coastline on a beautiful day, the Mirovia Pro is packed with features which makes this a standout, rigid blow‑up boat.
Costco seems to be exaggerating a bit with the "5 adults". But whatever. I suspect the "two adults" is a better estimate. Maybe you could pack 4-5 humans in there if you were puttering slowly from a sheltered anchorage to the dockside bar on a calm evening. But I'd prefer not to. I suspect 1400lbs in a boat like that would be an adventure.

Ernie

If not this, then what?
Forum Supporter
I assume you are referring to mainly men.
Here’s some grown Americans. We come in all sizes. So please be more specific.
2C8C528D-82EF-4663-99FF-BD5A298EBF7F.jpeg

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Mirovia (from Russian мировой, mirovoy, meaning "global") was a hypothesized superocean which may have been a global ocean surrounding the supercontinent Rodinia in the Neoproterozoic Era, about 1 billion to 750 million years ago.

@Derek Young has very specific opinions about supercontinent theories. GIVE ME PANGEA OR GIVE ME DEATH.

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
Mirovia (from Russian мировой, mirovoy, meaning "global") was a hypothesized superocean which may have been a global ocean surrounding the supercontinent Rodinia in the Neoproterozoic Era, about 1 billion to 750 million years ago.

@Derek Young has very specific opinions about supercontinent theories. GIVE ME PANGEA OR GIVE ME DEATH.

I was thinking he's laughing at the cheap Chinese rip off of Maravia boats name with Mirovia?