Let's talk life's simple pleasures

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
I'm already diggin' where this thread is heading.
MsmNiWk4_o.gif

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
Looking at my yard after a fresh mow. My yard is a 45min mow so it’s just right for a chore after work and then a chill in a lawn chair to appreciate it.

Trout Trekker

Steelhead
On a one hundred plus degree weekday with the smell of sage in the air, windows down, I start the ninety-minute cruise up a little used windy steep road. As my rig chugs up the grades, I can feel the temperature drop. I hit the summit at 9,200' and it's sixty-two degrees in the sun, still a few splashes of icy snow left in the shadows, a light breeze and the smell of conifers fill the air. Tiny Trout streams work their way through the landscape, it's the gateway to the Golden Trout Wilderness and no one else seems to be there.

Gas can go to $10.00 p/gal. I'd still make the trek and smile all the way. ;)

Robert Engleheart

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Sitting on the covered deck, having a cocktail , and watching my wife mow!!
View attachment 18562

my yard is only about 1/2 acre but with summer temperatures often over 100 here, it was drudgery to mow until wife bought me a riding mower for Father’s Day about 20 years ago. After the POS Craftsman mower gave it up I got a Deere and she took over the mowing duties. She says it’s her zen. I do the pruning, take care of the pool, appliances, hvac so it’s pretty even trade. I’d never get her a skid steer unit, she’s afraid of them.