The “call your shot” thread

Here’s the rules - you post what you think you’re going to catch before your trip. After your trip, edit your post to append the results. Edit original post rather than post a reply so everyone’s prediction and results stay together.

Gold tier: correctly guess all the different species, total number of fish caught, and length (or weight if you prefer) of best fish caught.

Silver tier: correctly guess all species caught (pretty easy if you’re only after one species, but hey it’s a pretty stupid game).

Bronze tier: catch any of your predicted species

Honorable mention: catch a fish

Black and white tier: you my friend have been skunked.

NRC

I’m just here so I don’t get mined
Forum Supporter
Updated to add my John Day report.

I’m retiring from shot calling! Both times I feel like I’ve been taught a stern lesson for trying. Hopefully there’s someone out there even dumber than me who wants to continue the tradition.

Creatch’r

Potential Spam
Forum Supporter
Tomorrow I’m going to hike into the marsh after work for a few hours for redfish. My prediction is:

6 new mosquito bites
3 new horsefly bites
Two soggy boots filled with mud when I step in a sinkhole
14 times I will wish I had a skiff.
2 redfish spotted.
But will I hook one?

Hard tellin’ not knowin’

B4D3336F-911E-4C0F-84E7-E36D00287783.jpeg

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Updated to add my John Day report.

I’m retiring from shot calling! Both times I feel like I’ve been taught a stern lesson for trying. Hopefully there’s someone out there even dumber than me who wants to continue the tradition.

Yeah... we've had a bit of rain come down lately...

Reactions: NRC

RCF

Life of the Party
The only prediction is similar to weather. Wait 10 minutes and it will change. Change to what is the question...

Reminds me of good fishing when a front that moved in and dropped temps 15 degrees and shutdown the bite on a recent thread I wrote.

Last edited: