SOLD! My Neighbor's Boat

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
$2500
My neighbor has decided to retire from fishing and asked me if I knew of anyone that might be interested in his gear. We decided to start with his boat. This is the boat Larry would take up to Sheridan and other BC lakes every year.

1976 14' Starcraft that he purchased brand new. Comes with 2000 15hp 2-stroke motor. About six hours on the motor since the last service. Also comes with the electric motor and battery. Included is everything you see in the pictures.Fishfinder, nets, throttle extension, motor kickplate, oars, new 6gal. fuel tank, two Scottie rodholders, motor stand. Also includes a bag with extra bearings and grease

Larry takes meticulous care of his stuff. The boat does not leak and has been under cover its whole life. If you need a lake boat you could do a lot worse than this.
Call Larry at 360-630-5215

IMG_20240405_142054381.jpgIMG_20240405_142100385.jpgIMG_20240405_142116630.jpgIMG_20240405_142120489.jpgIMG_20240405_142149810.jpgIMG_20240405_142211325.jpgIMG_20240405_142215208.jpgIMG_20240405_142226757.jpgIMG_20240405_142241054.jpgIMG_20240405_142303678.jpgIMG_20240405_142319074.jpg

Kado

Steelhead
I know nothing about boats, outboard motors, or trailers.....or how to back up a trailer : ). I am looking for a lake boat for two people. I'd fish Mayfield, central OR lakes, and hopefully Hebgen etc. Is this a good 'beginner' boat?
Mark

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
I know nothing about boats, outboard motors, or trailers.....or how to back up a trailer : ). I am looking for a lake boat for two people. I'd fish Mayfield, central OR lakes, and hopefully Hebgen etc. Is this a good 'beginner' boat?
Mark
I think it would be perfect for that.

Fourbtgait

Steelhead
Mark
I agree it would be great first boat. 14’ is perfect size, 12’ to small

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Mark
Third affirmative; perfect for what you're describing.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
At 2500 bucks, you probably won't do much better than this. To start with, most boats are not owned by one person for this long, and still look that good. The fact that he takes good care of his stuff is pretty evident from the pics posted.
Don't overthink it too much, lest someone else get the deal...

Kado

Steelhead
Well, I didn't get a chance to talk with Larry, but I did with his wonderful wife. I am going to have to pass for now on this boat as I believe I will be spending a chunk of change on a couple yard hydrants that seem to be leaking. If still available after that, I will get back into the running...
Hope it sells as they seem like a very nice couple, but selfishly also hope it's still available in a couple weeks once I get my stuff together.
Geez...my wife even greenlighted it : ).

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Oh man, in a vacuum, I could probably get that approved by the wife, but not a rig I'd need to buy to pull it...

Wanative

Spawned out Chum
Forum Supporter
Mark
That is a great beginner boat. You won't find a better deal or boat than this for $2500.00.

Last edited:

RCF

Life of the Party
Well, I didn't get a chance to talk with Larry, but I did with his wonderful wife. I am going to have to pass for now on this boat as I believe I will be spending a chunk of change on a couple yard hydrants that seem to be leaking. If still available after that, I will get back into the running...
Hope it sells as they seem like a very nice couple, but selfishly also hope it's still available in a couple weeks once I get my stuff together.
Geez...my wife even greenlighted it : ).

You got the hardest part of the deal completed ---> your wife's approval! Buy it before she changes her mind. This is based on almost 42 years of marriage.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Oh man, in a vacuum, I could probably get that approved by the wife, but not a rig I'd need to buy to pull it...
These boats are extremely light, and a 15 hp 2 stroke is maybe an extra 100 pounds or so. I am pretty sure the Prius could pull it. I have a Prius C, and I have a boat like this, and I’ve thought about it, all I’m missing is the trailer hitch.

Dude. Could you imagine the street cred in spending only 15 bucks on gas trailering your rig 120 miles to slay muskies? You won’t be going 80 mph but still…