new stick for the spey quiver

the_grube

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Ashland Fly shop had a used Sage X 6120 for $550, my fingers filled in the purchase form before my brain could say 'slow your roll there little digits'.. Times like these I think that the determinist approach to reality has some real weight. The arrangement of the space-time field at the moment of the singularity led to a series of events that transpired over the last 4.5 billion years that DEMANDED I purchase this rod. My so called free-will had no input or ability to stop it. I suspect it took on the characteristics of a quantum particle between observations which according to Heisenberg doesn't exist at that instant. That's what I plan to tell my wife anyway. I'll let you all know how that goes; most likely will be typing that correspondence from a new chair or couch that the universe demanded she purchase.

My X 7130 has been my goto rod for 9 years, and the 6120 will make a great companion for smaller water pure dry scandi stuff.

Zoran

Steelhead
New 11ft 2wt is coming to me soon.
I was criticized by friends that 4wt 12ft is too heavy for small(ish) water pure dry Scandi stuff. You went for 6wt. Good stuff!

My big water is 7.

the_grube

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Got out and casted it last night. Paired it with a Rio Scandi short @ 390gr that I found on sale. Seemed to fit the rod really well. First impressions are that the rod is just what I was hoping for: light, crisp, with a fast tip with effortless casts for smallish flies. I'm a big fan of the X spey' rods and will probably look for an 8140 before next winter.