Panama

So…my wife grew up in the Canal Zone from 1964 to 1976…her dad was a canal pilot and later the harbor master. Her childhood friend , who was born in the Canal Zone, decided to bring her mother’s ashes back to Panama to rest with her father that was buried there. Initially, this was supposed to be a “ladies only” trip with all the friends that grew up there…but by the time the trip was formed, several of them had dropped out, leaving only my wife, her friend and her daughter. This is when they asked me to accompany them…after some thought, I agreed to go…but I was going to bring a couple fly rods with me.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Very Cool! Thread drift? Maybe 15 years ago our daughter was in Kuala Lumpur on business, she and a group flew to some island with cabins like yours, out over the water. To get to the cabins, you had to walk a path through quite the jungle (grey monkey good......). So it's 4:45 AM my time and my phone rings just as I get on the bus heading to work. It's my daughter and she's a bit nervous about these huge "millipedes" coming in under the door and was busy trying to seal the gap with blankets only to notice other critters already in the casa. Too funny.

I know, my drift isn't fishing related, my bad. Truly enjoying your pictures and dialogue.

Back to @Brute

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Very Cool! Thread drift? Maybe 15 years ago our daughter was in Kuala Lumpur on business, she and a group flew to some island with cabins like yours, out over the water. To get to the cabins, you had to walk a path through quite the jungle (grey monkey good......). So it's 4:45 AM my time and my phone rings just as I get on the bus heading to work. It's my daughter and she's a bit nervous about these huge "millipedes" coming in under the door and was busy trying to seal the gap with blankets only to notice other critters already in the casa. Too funny.

I know, my drift isn't fishing related, my bad. Truly enjoying your pictures and dialogue.

Back to @Brute
In Hawaii, we had these things with 32 legs and massive pinchers about 9 inches long…nothing like driving your truck down the highway and feel one crawling up your leg…