Panama

So…my wife grew up in the Canal Zone from 1964 to 1976…her dad was a canal pilot and later the harbor master. Her childhood friend , who was born in the Canal Zone, decided to bring her mother’s ashes back to Panama to rest with her father that was buried there. Initially, this was supposed to be a “ladies only” trip with all the friends that grew up there…but by the time the trip was formed, several of them had dropped out, leaving only my wife, her friend and her daughter. This is when they asked me to accompany them…after some thought, I agreed to go…but I was going to bring a couple fly rods with me.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
IMG_4199.jpegThe flag the indigenous Guna people adopted in 1925 after the revolt of the Panamanian suppression of their culture. The Guna were granted some autonomy from the government of Panama in the San Blas region

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Love me some of that coco bread...always a good start to the day.

Kado

Steelhead
All the food looks great! Do you have to be careful what you eat or drink to prevent getting sick? You travel to other tropical countries quite a bit so respect your opinion. I love local foods but hate intestinal problems...especially while vacationing.
Thanks,
Mark

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
All the food looks great! Do you have to be careful what you eat or drink to prevent getting sick? You travel to other tropical countries quite a bit so respect your opinion. I love local foods but hate intestinal problems...especially while vacationing.
Thanks,
Mark
I don’t drink the local water…I don’t order drinks with ice…I don’t eat food from street vendors…but I did 40 years ago…