LOUD OUTDOOR AUDIO

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
It is selfish and thoughtless to assume that others near you in a public space should act a certain way that benefits you. See how shit can go the other way?
When I am swinging a run and some jet boat goes by and I have to deal with his wake, I cannot get pissed off. When I am going out I am always factoring where I am going. Will others be there? What are the usual people that are usually there?
For example, if I go to the Yakima river. I have to accept the fact that there is a large possibility that a drunk party group is going to float by and my beautiful spiritual moment will be interrupted.
Right. Thus the qualification that a momentary disruption is no big deal.

Smokey Bear

El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity
Forum Supporter
It’s starting to get Ifishy in here. 🙄

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
I’m ok with a momentary disruption…but I still remember backpacking the Kalalau Trail on the Napali coastline on Kaui a long time ago; finally got to the beach, set up camp…then an inflatable came to shore with a group of tourists, a big cooler and a boom box…

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Okay and a steady disruption is as big of a deal as you make it when you are in a public setting sharing space with others.

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
DO - they don’t need to be a-holes. Just let me know where you will be fishing so I don’t go there....
And folks listening to music in a public setting do not need to be labled a-holes either.

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Day float I'll skip the tunes. Multiday float I bring a small speaker. Nice to have around the campfire. I don't camp near people so not "intruding" on anybody's space. By day 3 or 4 I might have some going while floating. I keep it low and if I see somebody I'll mute it.

Wouldn't do it on a lake or busy campground though. Totally agree that its rude to make other people listen to your music.

Scott Salzer

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
On quiet, remote lakes, they are a-holes. We have long time family property on Mason Lake by Shelton. I don’t fish it anymore. A lot of expensive boats and a lot of booming music, which I accept.
Would it be appropriate on Cady Lake?
DO - just tell me where you fish and like boom boxes -I’ll pass.
My point is to be considerate .

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
On quiet, remote lakes, they are a-holes. We have long time family property on Mason Lake by Shelton. I don’t fish it anymore. A lot of expensive boats and a lot of booming music, which I accept.
Would it be appropriate on Cady Lake?
DO - just tell me where you fish and like boom boxes -I’ll pass.
My point is to be considerate .
I already stated that I am not a person that enjoys music on the river so please get the facts straight. LOL

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
Day float I'll skip the tunes. Multiday float I bring a small speaker. Nice to have around the campfire. I don't camp near people so not "intruding" on anybody's space. By day 3 or 4 I might have some going while floating. I keep it low and if I see somebody I'll mute it.

Wouldn't do it on a lake or busy campground though. Totally agree that its rude to make other people listen to your music.
When I do opt for music, I use a neckband speaker like this one. Doesn't interfere with situational awareness like earbuds do, but no one more than a few feet away can hear it at normal listening volumes, as it's near to and directed at your own ears. Very comfortable, also.
1000006522.jpg