Fish handling

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
I dunno, seems like steelheading in general seems to bring out the worst in people. I'm not really sure why that is. Shit, I've been steelheading 5 times this winter and hooked fish nearly every trip (only 2 fish to hand)...one may have been a cutty, but it felt heavier....guess we'll never know. 🤷‍♂️

Point being, I feel like I had a helluva season. No complaints on my end....except for me getting buck fever on a 100% visual eat....but still, whatever...

I don't feel like I get that attitude from bass or musky guys...but, maybe it's just me...🤷‍♂️

Its because steelhead fishermen embrace experiences that would make most people wish death on themselves. They look hopeless odds in the face and then punch them in the mouth. They thrive in weather conditions that would leave the average man crying and soiled like a baby. Steelhead fishing is an alphas only bad ass mofo fishing club. Typical people need not apply, you can’t handle it. But maybe if you buy this $800 rod and these $1000 waders then we will let you in. Can you afford that you pussy? If not, maybe you can afford this $50 baseball cap and pretend to be cool. If you manage to win the lotto and hook a steelhead, you better scream like banshee and soil your pants, and then replace them with these $300 wading pants. Bitch.

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
Thats steelhead fishing right there. None of that pansy ass dick tugging smile for the camera bullshit. Men puke, men poop on the river, men deliver their new born baby on the bank. Fucking hard core dick in the ass steelheading fuck it chuck it game time shit. Take it to the boat launch. Dicks get shoved in places you don’t even remember. We catch together we celebrate together. Steelheading is back baby!

*My phone may have been hacked

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Its because steelhead fishermen embrace experiences that would make most people wish death on themselves. They look hopeless odds in the face and then punch them in the mouth. They thrive in weather conditions that would leave the average man crying and soiled like a baby. Steelhead fishing is an alphas only bad ass mofo fishing club. Typical people need not apply, you can’t handle it. But maybe if you buy this $800 rod and these $1000 waders then we will let you in. Can you afford that you pussy? If not, maybe you can afford this $50 baseball cap and pretend to be cool. If you manage to win the lotto and hook a steelhead, you better scream like banshee and soil your pants, and then replace them with these $300 wading pants. Bitch.
Waders???? Name the fucking pansy ass that is out there in waders!

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Ever met a musky fisherman? Shit one of our current godfathers of the sport has this as their motto...which stole for my desk...
1000012912.jpg

Shit, I'm both and sadly all too well versed in what you mention...😆

Attachments

• 1000012826.jpg
    1000012826.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I was looking at those pictures, and then looked up some others, and then looked at some of mine. In damn near every one of them where you can see the anglers face, he looks like a moron. Me included. Some of the best pictures I have were cropped to get my ugly mug out of the shot.

Not to brag, but I have caught a lot of fish. I don't need a picture to remind me what they look like. Other than some bizarre injury to them I have seen every flavor of steelhead there probably is. An 8# with no lower jaw for what was obviously it's whole life. Fish with claw marks, fish with prop marks, fish with net marks, one eyed fish, dark fish, bright fish, dead fish, live fish, big fish, little fish, fish with somebody else's hook in 'em, fish with fish in 'em. And honestly, it's all the same fish, different day.

I don't think I have ever let out a bunch of high pitched squealing while catching a fish...but my memory gets a little fuzzy of the time before kindergarten so I suppose it's possible that I have squeaked a time or two.

But none of the above matters. What matters is, obey the law and keep the fish in the water. Be a decent human being and limit your handling of the fish.

I was at a well known spot on Sunday and watched three different boats on the other side hook fish. All three of them netted and boated the fish. So...in that small sample size I witnessed 100% dumb fuckery. Get the word out! Dumb fuckery will have us sitting at home in March and April.

I don't have any fish pics. I don't take them. I even have an interest in photography but fish isn't a subject of interest. Why would you want to be all "professional photography included" for a Zen quiet activity? Because you have a giant fucking ego/inferiority complex and living in the moment is simply not as important to you as documenting your stunning and likely unearned fish greatness for the approval of others who blow you via the internet. Maybe they will "follow" you and give you the validation your disappointed or absent father never did? Either way the photograph every encounter/selfie crowd are about as hollow and souless as the rubes who idolise them and blow them via social media. It's all so dumb. I cannot fathom degrading a firsthand first person experience for the documentation of said experience. Shit, that's why great explorers always farmed that job off to some underling who stayed quiet and documented without getting in the way. I know it's a hell of a rant but this mentality has wrecked so many things. Stay home and record yourself playing videogames if you need validation that bad. I hear that's an actual thing too. At least you won't be actively fucking up something I enjoy to do without a throng idiots choreographing the next great Instagram post with a chrome slab dub from the primordial sick ass amusement park rainforest of the Olympic peninsula.

#gydelyfe
#egodriven
#slab
#unearnedfish
#meaninglessachievment
#followmebro
#daddyissues
#fakelife
#sparklyjeans
#prostaff
#ieatpautskeesmyself
#ihavetenthousandbeadsonboard
#pleasenoticeme
#trustfindguide
#unemployablesoidothis
#dubshit
#tenlbslookslike20tome
#gonnagetmine
#intagramconservationist

JS

Mankie Old Chum
Forum Supporter
I dunno, seems like steelheading in general seems to bring out the worst in people. I'm not really sure why that is. Shit, I've been steelheading 5 times this winter and hooked fish nearly every trip (only 2 fish to hand)...one may have been a cutty, but it felt heavier....guess we'll never know. 🤷‍♂️

Point being, I feel like I had a helluva season. No complaints on my end....except for me getting buck fever on a 100% visual eat....but still, whatever...

I don't feel like I get that attitude from bass or musky guys...but, maybe it's just me...🤷‍♂️
Don’t try archery elk hunting….the only thing I’ve seen cause more bullshit between sporting folks.

Little Fork

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I don't have any fish pics. I don't take them. I even have an interest in photography but fish isn't a subject of interest. Why would you want to be all "professional photography included" for a Zen quiet activity? Because you have a giant fucking ego/inferiority complex and living in the moment is simply not as important to you as documenting your stunning and likely unearned fish greatness for the approval of others who blow you via the internet. Maybe they will "follow" you and give you the validation your disappointed or absent father never did? Either way the photograph every encounter/selfie crowd are about as hollow and souless as the rubes who idolise them and blow them via social media. It's all so dumb. I cannot fathom degrading a firsthand first person experience for the documentation of said experience. Shit, that's why great explorers always farmed that job off to some underling who stayed quiet and documented without getting in the way. I know it's a hell of a rant but this mentality has wrecked so many things. Stay home and record yourself playing videogames if you need validation that bad. I hear that's an actual thing too. At least you won't be actively fucking up something I enjoy to do without a throng idiots choreographing the next great Instagram post with a chrome slab dub from the primordial sick ass amusement park rainforest of the Olympic peninsula.

#gydelyfe
#egodriven
#slab
#unearnedfish
#meaninglessachievment
#followmebro
#daddyissues
#fakelife
#sparklyjeans
#prostaff
#ieatpautskeesmyself
#ihavetenthousandbeadsonboard
#pleasenoticeme
#trustfindguide
#unemployablesoidothis
#dubshit
#tenlbslookslike20tome
#gonnagetmine
#intagramconservationist
“The memory should be enough…”

Sylvester Nemes

From The Soft-Hackled Fly

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

Those fish are tough. The guys fishing for them like cold beer, steak rare, and are basic dudes. They may not be the refined modern conquistadors of steelhead angling high on their own farts but they are real people more or less and not some internet persona. Sure they have a NASCAR style jacket with owner hooks mentioned at least once and a glitter boat that the oh so zen steelhead set find crude but they are real people with less pretention in general. Musky are a working class fish for working class angling. I mean how pretentious can you be throwing a twelve inch surface bait with rattles, nine hooks, and pom poms on it. Most of those guys are pretty realistic about what they are doing. It's important cause it's fishing but you aren't curing cancer so it's not that serious.

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
Those fish are tough. The guys fishing for them like cold beer, steak rare, and are basic dudes. They may not be the refined modern conquistadors of steelhead angling high on their own farts but they are real people more or less and not some internet persona. Sure they have a NASCAR style jacket with owner hooks mentioned at least once and a glitter boat that the oh so zen steelhead set find crude but they are real people with less pretention in general. Musky are a working class fish for working class angling. I mean how pretentious can you be throwing a twelve inch surface bait with rattles, nine hooks, and pom poms on it. Most of those guys are pretty realistic about what they are doing. It's important cause it's fishing but you aren't curing cancer so it's not that serious.

You forgot the steelhead tattoo. The ultimate display of dedication to the Mountain Dew of fish.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
giddyup!

you win.

fuckin' awesome, actually...

Then again, I DO work in cancer research....soooo....but in fairness, not curing, but definitely making better!

🍻