FS 15’ Smokercraft w/Honda 15 SOLD!

For Sale

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
I always strip the carpet off bunks, replace the wood if required, lay down bunk glides...so much easier to launch and retrieve. And have always left my boats outside in rain and snow...tarp and PVC support frame, good to go
1710345922188.png

Dloy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Best possible solution. He’ll enjoy it I expect, and just maybe invite you from time to time.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I always strip the carpet off bunks, replace the wood if required, lay down bunk glides...so much easier to launch and retrieve. And have always left my boats outside in rain and snow...tarp and PVC support frame, good to go
View attachment 106673

The plastic deck material works really well too. And free if you make a deck repair.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Thank you for all the interest in this boat it is now sold. I was just chatting with a good friend and he had no idea I was selling it.

Thank god. Any longer and I would have done something my lady would have taken issue with.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
yeah, thank god...Here I was looking at vehicles to pull it with...
We could have teamed up. "No babe, I'm a part owner in a boat. I mean sure I'm the majority shareholder but that's only cause I have the tow rig. This way I've split the boat and maintainance coat while leveraging my asset in the tow vehicle. It's pretty simple finance that I'm sure you'll understand at some point. You'll see the genius in the way I'm moving soon. Trust me "

Clean Willy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I as well... seems like consensus among wives...
Well y'all might start buttering them up. Next up for sale will be my Aire raft w/rowing frame. Just need to put it together for pictures. And no not getting out of fishing just paring down a bit.

I guess, as it so light, the bunks are easier to use than on a larger vessel?
This type of boat is often used by someone who fishes solo; the bunks provide just enough friction to keep the boat from sliding off to easily, but not enough where it keeps the boat from being loaded easily. I have a super similar boat to this, a Smokercraft Alaskan 14' with Merc 25 two stroke, mounted on a trailer with bunks, and I love those bunks. In my past life I had an 18' bass boat with a 140 hp outboard, trailer on bunks, and I loved those bunks for ease of both unloading and loading.

headduck

Steelhead
This type of boat is often used by someone who fishes solo; the bunks provide just enough friction to keep the boat from sliding off to easily, but not enough where it keeps the boat from being loaded easily. I have a super similar boat to this, a Smokercraft Alaskan 14' with Merc 25 two stroke, mounted on a trailer with bunks, and I love those bunks. In my past life I had an 18' bass boat with a 140 hp outboard, trailer on bunks, and I loved those bunks for ease of both unloading and loading.
Makes a bunch of sense. Thank you.

I have a 19 fiberglass boat and the rollers are so nice for launch and retrieve. I see how the application changes with size and weight.

Chucker

Steelhead

This is true. I have seen a boat slide right off a roller trailer onto the boat launch as the driver started backing down. It made an expensive sounding crunch. However, the reason for bunks vs rollers is to do with weight distribution. Using rollers on the wrong boat can leave you with dents in the bottom of the boat where the weight is concentrated on the rollers.

Clean Willy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
To close this story up, I fired up the boat a couple of days ago before getting it my friend. First noticed the trailer lights didn't work. Ordered all new harness and lights and installed. Could NOT get them to work. Spent hours chasing the issue, new ground wire, etc. Finally gave up and then hooked it up today and they work fine. Fired up the engine to no flow out the pee hole. Was really surprised to find the impeller in shreds given the low hours on the motor. Replaced impeller, gasket etc. Fired it up again and still no flow. Chased that for a bit then an internet search said I probably missed the cooling pipe that slips into the impeller housing. Yep, fixed.

Delivering this boat tomorrow will be the second happiest day of my boat ownership life!

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
To close this story up, I fired up the boat a couple of days ago before getting it my friend. First noticed the trailer lights didn't work. Ordered all new harness and lights and installed. Could NOT get them to work. Spent hours chasing the issue, new ground wire, etc. Finally gave up and then hooked it up today and they work fine. Fired up the engine to no flow out the pee hole. Was really surprised to find the impeller in shreds given the low hours on the motor. Replaced impeller, gasket etc. Fired it up again and still no flow. Chased that for a bit then an internet search said I probably missed the cooling pipe that slips into the impeller housing. Yep, fixed.

Delivering this boat tomorrow will be the second happiest day of my boat ownership life!
That is a very stand-up thing to do! For a boat at that price I’d definitely think it was as-is, and expect the impeller to need replacement. Those things turn to brittle shreds just sitting around doing nothing, I swear.