My latest rod

Mike Monsos

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I am just about finished up on a new rod of my own taper. It is a copy of the taper that I shared at the Fling last year. A good friend decided he wanted a copy. We'll cast it soon to see if I hit the marks and made a replica of the taper he cast to meet his expectations.rod 1.jpgRod 2.jpgrod 3.jpg

Cliff

Steelhead
Gorgeous, Mike. I'd love to see some of your work at this summer's get together, if I can make it. I remember when I first met you so many years ago at a Hi Lakers meeting. You were brand new to rodbuilding and you were so excited to show me your work (as if I knew anything about it).

Mike Monsos

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Gorgeous, Mike. I'd love to see some of your work at this summer's get together, if I can make it. I remember when I first met you so many years ago at a Hi Lakers meeting. You were brand new to rodbuilding and you were so excited to show me your work (as if I knew anything about it).
I hope to see you there Cliff, it's been too long since we have seen each other. I'll have some rods there to share as usual. Most of my rods now are getting flamed, I really like the darker tone of the bamboo.

Cliff

Steelhead
I hope to see you there Cliff, it's been too long since we have seen each other. I'll have some rods there to share as usual. Most of my rods now are getting flamed, I really like the darker tone of the bamboo.
Same here, Mike, too long. Weren't you also bluing your ferrules and hardware on your rods? I really like that. I have one Mark Ruhe rod with blued hardware and I think it's really attractive. Darker tones/flamed are favored by me, also. There's a 50/50 chance I will be out of the country when this year's rod gathering occurs, otherwise I'll plan on being there.

Mike Monsos

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Yes I blue my ferrules and reel seat hardware. Comes out more of a gun meatal color with the Duronze. I like the color myself.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I think your flame-coloring looks GREAT!