Puget Sound

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
View attachment 105814
It’s been a slow grind out there for me this winter. Been working the canal and north sound with not much luck but the better days a coming.

Nice looking day though compared to what we've been experiencing weather wise. Winter can certainly be a grind for sure.
I think some fish might be up the creeks as well doing their thing on that high water last week. Did you see any fry around? Was way too windy last weekend to see them even if they were around.
SF

jeradjames

Steelhead
Nice looking day though compared to what we've been experiencing weather wise. Winter can certainly be a grind for sure.
I think some fish might be up the creeks as well doing their thing on that high water last week. Did you see any fry around? Was way too windy last weekend to see them even if they were around.
SF
It was a nice day today definitely. I did see fry yesterday in the north sound but they were so small so I’m not sure what they were. None seen today in the canal at the 4 spots I went to.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
But...but...
You love the rain
You live for the rain
You'd rather rust...
;)

Not concerned with any of those elements.
It’s the god damn wind. 😂
Wrong direction for where I want to fish. Would be doable out of the north. 😉
SF

IMG_6679.jpeg

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Two bites, nothing to hand this morning.
Wind turbines came on around 9:00. Pulled the plug at 11:00 when the water started getting muddy and casting became interesting.
Fun to fish a spot you haven’t fished in a long time and spend time at a place we had a lot of fun times at as a family back in the 60’s.
SF

Last edited:

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Incoming front. Started off as hail then turned to rain. Got everything rinsed off just before it hit. Really nasty out there now.
SF

IMG_6694.jpeg

Last edited:

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Incoming front. Started off as hail then turned to rain. Got everything rises off just before it hit. Really nasty out there now.
SF

View attachment 106276
That looks like time to sit back with an adult beverage or a cup of coffee or...... I'm going out tomorrow to my version of Puget Sound. There's rain in the forecast. I'm debating if I should wader up at home in the dry and warm or do it like a real fly fisher and get wet outside the truck.