What's in your vise?

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Fish that with confidence! It's similar to what I call my stupid stocker leech. Run it 4.5-6' under a float for the first few weeks. Works in streams too.
That's the plan!
Here is her pale brother.
Same idea, but rabbit, some white strand stuff and copper wire rib. Pukey light brown that is just dark enough for leeches, but light enough for minnows. Maybe?
At least that's what I thought when I saw this old rabbit at the bottom of the box. Worth a shot.
1000002983.jpg

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister
Forum Supporter
Concher-1080.jpg

Concher

RichS

Life of the Party
Wow, that is going to catch fish. Do you think the action of the rear section could be enhanced by a reverse taper or a bit of a flare in front of the tail? Great trimming job!
The attempt here was to use the weight in the back of the fly to anchor the back and let the front move in a sort of walk the dog action. Not tested yet.
This one with no weight in the back and the fly lip in the front is trying to have more of an overall wiggle- more of a jointed Rapala instead of a Spook.
Toothless color scheme.
toothless1.JPG
toothless2.JPG
That flylip really makes trimming the body troublesome and the weed guard sketchy

Hook: Kona XSS #1/0
Tail: Marabou
Body: Black over back and yellow deer
Lip: Flylip
Weed guard: 20# hard mason. Melted a hole through the Flylip, poked the guard through and burned the end of the guard. Superglued in place
Eyes: 6 MM dragon eyes

Last edited:

kmudgn

Steelhead
BELLFLYNN

A while back Norm Frechette posted a tie for a Bellamy. I liked the tie, but learned it was a Steelhead pattern. I have more use for LL Salmon patterns as Steelhead fishing is very limited in New England where I live (yes I do go to the Salmon River in NY). I used Norm's pattern as a go-by and mixed it with a Mickey Finn. Mickey Finns are great LL Salmon flies, but in fast water they tend to rise too much and you miss fish. I am hoping that this combo will solve that issue with the wire and yarn weighting it down

Thread-6/0 Black
Hook-Streamer (your choice) I used #6/2x
Tail-Orange Goat Hair
Body-Brown Wool Yarn
Wing-Red Calf Tail over Yellow Calf Tail
Ribbing-7gr Large Copper
Eyes-Scribbles 3D paint

20240213_151649.jpg

Scottp

Legend
Balanced Leech III

53528013298_81d6ee6a8d_c.jpg

53526935112_87187b926f_c.jpg

53527836591_eae7e09d79_c.jpg

hook - WFC Model 19 #10
thread - Uni 8/0 black
pin - #17 1 1/16”
bead - 3/16 hot orange
tail - marabou dyed black
flash - H2O Flash pearl black
body - Arizona Simi Seal black/Ice Dub Harder’s Bloody Black
shoulder - pheasant rump dyed black

Fishing these this spring will be a matter of timing; guess I could try trolling with a snowmobile

27742335798_00b1811295_c.jpg

Regards,
Scott