Norm Frechette

Googlemeister
Forum Supporter
Teton_1080.jpg

Teton

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Just some boring box filler. Silly things just work. Olive simiseal on a 10 3xl w/ joann's bead in 6/0. For the life of me I still can't tie the same fly twice, but it doesn't seem to matter with these.
20240203_120504.jpg

Tom Butler

Forum Supporter

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Just some boring box filler. Silly things just work. Olive simiseal on a 10 3xl w/ joann's bead in 6/0. For the life of me I still can't tie the same fly twice, but it doesn't seem to matter with these.
View attachment 101987

Illegal "Effective" Fly Box Filler...

Tom Butler

Forum Supporter
Look great to me (missed a barb)! ;-)
Thx. I saw that too, already fixed. I had my glasses on, but it's amazing how often I don't notice something until I take a pic.

Tom Butler

Forum Supporter
Chart/Black-I find this color produces some big fish on those days that bites are hard to gather....View attachment 102054
Billy, do you find that you miss many strikes? I fished a copy of the black one a few times, and some white bunny leeches, and seemed to miss about 1/2 the takes. Maybe just short strikes from the locals.

Attachments

• 20240204_084124.jpg
    20240204_084124.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 13

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
Billy, do you find that you miss many strikes? I fished a copy of the black one a few times, and some white bunny leeches, and seemed to miss about 1/2 the takes. Maybe just short strikes from the locals.
Nah. I mean the nip nip fish are smaller fish or even fish like small crappie or perch so I don't really even factor them in. I'm pro jig hook. I love em.

RichS

Life of the Party
Having some balsa wood laying around, I decided to make some McMurray Ants. I made a dozen bodies in different sizes and black and rust colored. Cut them out with a leathercraft hole tool, poked a hole in the end of each section with a bodkin and super glued them to a piece of 4# mono. Then I colored them with fingernail polish and coated the colored bodies with UV resin. This process took me a bit over two hours to create the dozen bodies. On the other hand, the foam body ant shown and the McMurray once I had the bodies each took a minute and a half to produce effectively the same fly. Your mileage and speed may vary, but the foam ants are hugely more efficient.
Top left foam and the other two are McMurray Ants. ants.JPG

Last edited:

Tom Butler

Forum Supporter
Finishing up the KISS box for the float tube, perfect with a 9' 6wt and a type 6.
20240204_132029.jpg

Attachments

• 20240204_132302.jpg
    20240204_132302.jpg
    546.7 KB · Views: 15