NFR Humor

Non-fishing related

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Binged out on Netflix the show Fisk, probably an acquired taste for some, but Kitty Flanagan is pretty damn funny....

This reminds me of my wife. I came home from fishing a little early and asked her What's for dinner? She says well I went to the store thinking about getting the ingredients for spaghetti but when I went by the meat counter they had some good sales on so......Oh and you won't believe who I ran into. An old friend I used to work with. Her husband likes to fish too but not fly fishing and he was in an accident but he's doing ok now. Did you catch any fish? Why are looking at me like that?

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
This reminds me of my wife. I came home from fishing a little early and asked her What's for dinner? She says well I went to the store thinking about getting the ingredients for spaghetti but when I went by the meat counter they had some good sales on so......Oh and you won't believe who I ran into. An old friend I used to work with. Her husband likes to fish too but not fly fishing and he was in an accident but he's doing ok now. Did you catch any fish? Why are looking at me like that?
Regular occurrence in my home, regardless of the question.

JudyM

Steelhead
Just trying to squeeze as much info in to make a short conversation. I'm guilty!

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Just trying to squeeze as much info in to make a short conversation. I'm guilty!
I've said this before but learned earlier on that asking my wife to just give me "the Reader's Digest condensed version" wasn't a very good idea.

I've also learned several variations of this.
1705780782374.png

Dloy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Inappropriately yours
Here is the 1966 Batman Squirt gunView attachment 100356
Just for grins, I googled Adam West. Interesting guy, and apparently not gay as rumored. Born in Walla Walla and graduated from Whitman. Married 3 times with 5 or 6 kids. Spent his last years (1980 on) on his Sun Valley ranch. When he died in 2017 they shown the bat signal on the LA City Hall, and in Walla Walla on Whitman Tower. Just fun facts for the half of us from that era.

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Just for grins, I googled Adam West. Interesting guy, and apparently not gay as rumored. Born in Walla Walla and graduated from Whitman. Married 3 times with 5 or 6 kids. Spent his last years (1980 on) on his Sun Valley ranch. When he died in 2017 they shown the bat signal on the LA City Hall, and in Walla Walla on Whitman Tower. Just fun facts for the half of us from that era.
He was also a good sport about taking a ribbing about his fat Batman series, and even hosted their MST3K Turkey Day Thanksgiving episodes...some of which mercilessly mocked his movies.

Last edited:

Dloy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
He approached his character as if humorless, which of course made it more funny. Think I read that he’d focus on his ill fitting cowl to avoid laughing. I think about the stories he could tell, with the bizarre characters and scenes: Caesar Romero, Frank Gorshin, Burgess Meredith, Bruce Lee, Vincent Price, etc. Burt Ward still does Comic-Cons I think, not that I’d go.

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
He was also a good sport about taking a ribbing about his fat Batman series, and even hosted their Turkey Day Thanksgiving episodes...some of which mercilessly mocked his movies.
Still like the old episodes occasionally. They must have had a great time with that parody.