NFR Humor

Non-fishing related

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
"For those of you with cats, I’m almost certain that if your cat was 100 pounds, they would attack and kill you in your sleep and drag you into the back yard and stuff you in their lair to enjoy at their leisure. Such is the depth of love of cats toward their owners." Loved this !

Our last cat didn't approve of me being in my house, She seemed to roll her eyes, give a "phhtt", and walk away in disgust whenever I came home from working to support it...like having teenager that never leaves.
Dogs are bottomless pits of need that have owners...cats could give rat's a** if you live or die, except at mealtime, and have staff.
....But they're both worth it.
I walked my dogs from the age of 10 . Other than college and the decades of the 70’s and 80’s I had 4 dogs , 6 as a kid. I grew up with an Irish setter mix and as a toddler rode on his back. Those were the chained to a fog house days. Later after the age of 12 when I made the decision that Buster should be put down. He was my first loss of a pet. Then it was a couple chihuahau’s. A mixed breed hassock named Benny, Peanuts the beagle etc and until 2017 My last buddies Orion and Ernie.
Now I guess I am a cat person. Betty is a great cat and a pain in the arse sometimes.IMG_2114.jpegIMG_3345.jpeg

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
Cats have their place, mostly in the barn. Many are psycho/schizophrenic, but a few have been enjoyable. However, because we’re dog people we have dozens of birds and hummers to watch at any given time. Of the 400 homes in our community there are maybe 10 cats, vs easily 100+ dogs. I like walking with the dogs. It’s often my exercise for the day.
For about 15 years i walked Orion of the night sky( youngest daughter named him) and Ernie the Beego. Before work at a long trail along salmon cre ek where i winter fly fished. In the middle of the suburbs north of Vancouver. Walked about 1.5 to 2 miles every morning rain or shine. Now I walk dogless to a small store for a newspaper in the morning. Btw way leashing a cat and walking them around the house works as a dustmop pretty well. Then the cat gets put outside.

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter

Remco

Just Hatched
Jeane and I were just discussing the difference between dogs and cats. My cat crapped on my pajamas on the floor. We are closely attached. My dogs i last had understood guilt. I may be getting out the vaccuum when Betty’s possessiveness of her favorite human strikes her. It is the most horrific thing I could do. I will try to work the conditioned response trick. Maybe she’ll crap on Jeannes side of the bed? But then I hope she doesn’t cuz I love my Old Betty cat. I have been well trained.

/sarcasm font /rant Hey! Hey! enough with the puppy love. I come here for the humor /endrant
Amen

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
My friend told me she wouldn’t eat cows tongue because it came from a cow’s mouth.

So, I gave her an egg.
In the 60’s we had beef tongue and beef liver all the time . It was commonly had at our small local Safeway in town. The then commonly available and affordable is decades gone. But as It was common growing up I have zero interest in eating it today.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
In the 60’s we had beef tongue and beef liver all the time . It was commonly had at our small local Safeway in town. The then commonly available and affordable is decades gone. But as It was common growing up I have zero interest in eating it today.
There's a really good taco wagon at the intersection of SR28/282 (Basin Street, Ephrata) that serves excellent tacos de lengua.