NFR NFL 2023 Season

Non-fishing related

Shad

Life of the Party
2005/2006?

Walter freaking Jones?

How honest is this inquiry
I think the fact it's been 18 years (and clearly still counting) makes that a pretty legitimate question. I was convinced many years ago that football is won and lost at the line of scrimmage FAR more than in any other part of a playing field, and while occasional miracles happen, that general hypothesis has held up extremely well.

In the Carroll era, the strength has almost always been on the defensive line, but lately, that side has been more or less absent as well.

Good thing this team has a lot of cap space. They're gonna need more than they have to shore up the sieve on both sides of the ball, but maybe they'll make a start.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
LOLPanthers owners threw his drink out of his box window onto the Jaguar fans below...100K fine at least for the spoiled brat?

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
... Make that 8 straight AFC West championships!!!!

Go Chiefs!!

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
... Make that 8 straight AFC West championships!!!!

Go Chiefs!!
you really went out on a limb in calling it after the fact :LOL: ....whatever. I can't imagine you guys will have this poor of a record next year. This was the year to steal one.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Incredible how many teams, especially with lower tier or backup QBs, have had career games against the Seahawks the last few years.

Defensive guru Pete Carroll fielding some incredible units.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
LOLPanthers owners threw his drink out of his box window onto the Jaguar fans below...100K fine at least for the spoiled brat?
Doesn't surprise me. There are no good billionaires. Mostly because you don't get to be a billionaire by being a good person. Good people would have cashed out to enjoy being retired after acquiring 5% of that sort of wealth.

Shad

Life of the Party
Incredible how many teams, especially with lower tier or backup QBs, have had career games against the Seahawks the last few years.

Young and lots of injuries, but yeah, let's face it, what was missing this year (and especially today) was a run-stuffing, pass-rushing Pete Carroll defense. They've been getting out-scored much more than shut out....

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

Sounds like mariners facing some day before promoted AA pitcher who throws seven scoreless innings vs. mariners for his opening debut. And of course M’s lose 😜

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Doesn't surprise me. There are no good billionaires. Mostly because you don't get to be a billionaire by being a good person. Good people would have cashed out to enjoy being retired after acquiring 5% of that sort of wealth.
You get your riches off the back of other people. Now…. How you treat them is the big Q? And most have no clue who most of the people helping them make their $$$ engine go. Oh well.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
A little off topic, but I'm curious what the Bears do with the #1 pick? Hang on to Fields and trade down for a King's Ransom or pick the best QB in the draft (is that Williams still, I pay almost 0 attention to College ball).

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Niners vs Ravens

2024 Superbowl Sunday.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Even this guy?
I mean, exceptions prove the rule.

That said, I doubt he's much of a billionaire any more after (if at all) giving away his company. So I'm not sure the example works. Don't get me wrong, he's still richer than any of us ever will be. But that's not Tepper or Musk or Walton level.