NFR NFL 2023 Season

Non-fishing related

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
I doubt Russ plays for a cheap contract. I really don't think he cares enough about football at this point to do it unless there's big time money in it for him.
He gets 39 million from the Donkeys next year no matter what, so he can sign a league veteran minimum deal and pocket over 40 million. He's got a big ego like all Qb's of his stature, so the chance to prove 'em all wrong and try and ramp up his HOF chances is more than enough reason for him to play more...
The Raiders take him, he plays the Donkeys twice next year...
;)

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Lot of talk on here about a washed up Seahawks QB...

Is there a qb controversy in Seattle? Lock or Smith?

onefish

Steelhead
He gets 39 million from the Donkeys next year no matter what, so he can sign a league veteran minimum deal and pocket over 40 million. He's got a big ego like all Qb's of his stature, so the chance to prove 'em all wrong and try and ramp up his HOF chances is more than enough reason for him to play more...
The Raiders take him, he plays the Donkeys twice next year...
;)
Things have been bad enough for the past twenty years as a Raiders fan, I don't think I could stomach watching that sanctimonious puke in a Raiders uniform.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Things have been bad enough for the past twenty years as a Raiders fan, I don't think I could stomach watching that sanctimonious puke in a Raiders uniform.
Have you ever had any interaction with him? I know someone who has and has been around him when the cameras aren't rolling and the press is absent. "Sanctimonius puke" is a far cry from his impression.

When a person is in the spotlight, they become a target and ridicule becomes the name of the game.

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
LA RAMS have are $46 million under the 2024 salary cap at the moment. At least 10 draft picks coming in April 2024 too. The RAMS might sign an unwanted Wilson next season, then flip him to a desperate team to gain a 6th round compensatory draft pick in 2025. It worked well with Baker Mayfield.

Not to disrupt a discussion that's gone on far too long but did anyone latch on to the factoid that Joe Flacco, should he make it to the Super Bowl and win, would be the first player to win a championship for the same team under two different names.
Of course, you remember when the Colts fled in the night for Indianapolis a floundering Browns team was sent to Baltimore to become the Ravens and where he won his Super Bowl. A new Cleveland franchise was later granted under the original name.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Not to disrupt a discussion that's gone on far too long but did anyone latch on to the factoid that Joe Flacco, should he make it to the Super Bowl and win, would be the first player to win a championship for the same team under two different names.
Of course, you remember when the Colts fled in the night for Indianapolis a floundering Browns team was sent to Baltimore to become the Ravens and where he won his Super Bowl. A new Cleveland franchise was later granted under the original name.
Yeah I pointed that out a few pages back but didn't explain it quite as thoroughly 😂

Jets vs Browns tonight 🥳 Thursday night games certainly have certain.... Quality to them

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Browns up 13-7 and it’s 4th and 4 and you pass on three. Always take the points. Especially early in the game. Always always always take the points. 😉