NFR Humor

Non-fishing related
J. Kelly:True or false? In the Sherlock Holmes stories, Holmes and Watson were portrayed as bachelors sharing an apartment.
Carolyn Rhea: Well, I guess that solves  that mystery.

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
Down at the ole watering hole the guys were talking about school days and one guy had gone to a Catholic school and someone asked if the nuns still slapped your hands with a ruler. He said No, now they use tasers.
In 2nd grade I got smacked with a ruler on the hand often for holding my pencil wrong. Ears were pulled too. This was public school. Mrs English was really really old, that I remember. Guessing she was about a decade younger than I am now. That is funny in a changing perspective kinda way.

East Coaster

Steelhead
Since today is the first full day of winter.....

Two bass fisherman from down South had been hearing for years how much fun ice fishing was, and decided to head up to Michigan to give it a try. They stopped at a bait shop near a large frozen lake and went in to get some supplies. The clerk was friendly and told them what bait was needed and what tackle they would need. He also suggested they buy an ice pick to chip away a hole in the ice. Off they went to the lake.

About an hour later they returned to the store telling the clerk they needed another ice pick. The clerk was puzzled but was happy to make the sale. So he sold them another ice pick.

A few hours later they came back and asked if he had a couple of bigger ice picks. The clerk asked, “Haven’t you guys caught any fish yet?"

One of them replied, “Caught any? Hell, we ain’t even got the boat in the water yet.”