EDC…

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
Every day carry, not the firearm kind though. A recent flight brought to light what a creature of habit I am. I have three things I carry in my pants pockets every day. A knife, bottle opener, and nail clippers. And I use them a lot. Not having them on a plane with only carryon luggage left me feeling “naked”. Throughout the four day trip I instinctively would reach for one or other. Nope, not there…

Back home now they‘re in their place and I’m whole again.

What are your EDC things?

IMG_8395.jpeg

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
And here I thought this was gonna be an Electronic Data Capture thread....sorry, too much time in the research world....lol.

Mine look somewhat similar to what you've got there, Roper. Opener, pocket knife (more of a OEDC type of thing for me there).

Driftless Dan

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Swiss Army knife, these cool Italian nail clippers I got decades ago, pocket change, and a handkerchief in my left front pocket. Pen and comb in the left front, sometimes accompanied by my mobile phone if I have no jacket. Back left, wallet. Back right, a notebook for whatever crosses my mind that I don't want to forget ten minutes later. That's my EDC.

Zak

Legend
Opinel No. 7 carbon steel (modified handle), tube of Blistex lip balm, nicotine gum, keys.

@Roper is that a Ken Onion knife?

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
I'm with you Roper; I don't feel complete without a knife. I'm not sure how many of my knives TSA now has. EDC starts with my keys (have a nail clipper on my key chain, which is a piece of leather boot lace), Swiss army knife, chap stick in RF pocket. LF pocket has coins and maybe half a comb (I only have half my hair left, so half a comb is enough). RR pocket is wallet. LR pocket holds a handkerchief.

flybill

Life of the Party
I have a bottle opener and cigar punch on my key chain and usually carry a folding knife of some kind. Here is the knife I'm currently carrying. It was made by a friend of mine!

I need a good knife sharpener too.. any suggestions?

20231219_140815.jpg20231219_140808.jpg

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
I have a bottle opener and cigar punch on my key chain and usually carry a folding knife of some kind. Here is the knife I'm currently carrying. It was made by a friend of mine!

I need a good knife sharpener too.. any suggestions?

View attachment 95571View attachment 95572
Work Sharp Ken Onion edition. Search the forum, there’s a whole thread on knife sharpening (on my phone and don’t want to search ;) )

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
View attachment 95555

Don't carry a gun anymore, not worth the lawsuits/jailtime.
+1 on the wound stop powder. While I don't EDC it I have a bunch of mini first aid kits I made and always have a pack of that stuff in them. It's like magic!

up2nogood

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
These days , I keep it simple on non fishing or vacation days , a small combination Swiss knife with built in finger nail clippers. Can’t be without the tooth pick or scissors that come with it . :)

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Swiss Army knife, these cool Italian nail clippers I got decades ago, pocket change, and a handkerchief in my left front pocket. Pen and comb in the left front, sometimes accompanied by my mobile phone if I have no jacket. Back left, wallet. Back right, a notebook for whatever crosses my mind that I don't want to forget ten minutes later. That's my EDC.
All that and roll of Tums…
Ya have enough for a Fanny Pack. 😳

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
and nail clippers.
I had a set of those clippers for years (though not and EDC item for me). They were great. Then they disappeared to the great junk drawer in the sky. I should try to find another set.

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
I'm with you Roper; I don't feel complete without a knife. I'm not sure how many of my knives TSA now has. EDC starts with my keys (have a nail clipper on my key chain, which is a piece of leather boot lace), Swiss army knife, chap stick in RF pocket. LF pocket has coins and maybe half a comb (I only have half my hair left, so half a comb is enough). RR pocket is wallet. LR pocket holds a handkerchief.
We’re brothers from another mother, hanky in LR, wallet and comb RR, truck key fob in the coin pocket, keys on a carabiner and belt loop.