Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Other

Votes: 15 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
As we approach another holiday and gathering with family and friends, I thought since it was a "discussion" at our home I would stir it up here as well.

This isn't as hard as "points up or down"...

So let's get this ball rolling...

RCF

Life of the Party
Just remember, cows eat grass.. and we eat cows! So that's vegetarian! Right?

Have you tried plant based 'meat'? Meatloaf, lasagna, burgers...

Now there is plant based 'chicken and fish'.

Yummy or yucky?

Don't ask me how I know the answer...

flybill

Life of the Party
Have you tried plant based 'meat'? Meatloaf, lasagna, burgers...

Now there is plant based 'chicken and fish'.

Yummy or yucky?

Don't ask me how I know the answer...
I have tried some... not my thing and I have gout! I have eaten vegetarian for periods of time, once for almost a year.. again, not my thing!

Eastside

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Our family makes a traditional German dinner of sauerbraten, kartoffel pfannkuchen (potato pancakes), and red cabbage. The sauerbraten marinates for three days before cooking and we make the gravy from the marinade. The tradition started with my grandmother and continues on. My mom was an excellent cook and made many great Christmas memories. She is retired from cooking now. These days, I’m in charge of it and make the potato pancakes ahead of time. They freeze well. My wife is of Italian heritage and she makes excellent biscotti. This year, we are joining our son in San Diego as he prepares for his next deployment with the Navy. Looking forward to some nice weather, although it will be raining for the first part of our trip. No idea what we will do for Christmas dinner this year.

Last edited: