NFR NFL 2023 Season

Non-fishing related

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
video show the receivers toes about 3" over the line, and it's routine for ref's to caution a receiver if he is crowding the line before the snap, happens all the time.
Just another B.S. call from what is turning into a season of such, while the head plantation seer drones on "we have faith in our referees".
Had games on yesterday while finishing up some projects...stopped what I was doing to watch three overweight ref's huddle for over 5 mins to finally announce a pre-snap defensive offsides, fans yelling to get on with it.
Have watched football since the 50's, attended dozens of Niners games...calling a Code Red on the current crop of bozo's with the whistles around their necks.

A lot closer to 3' than 3", his back foot is in line with most other's front foot. The "warning" issue is apparently from years past, this year, and players have been notified, they will get called without a warning. Fact is, and this is coming from a die-hard Chiefs fan, it was sloppy and careless and there is no excuse; he needs to have his head in the game.

Mahomes is directing his anger at the wrong party.
I agree that there have been call issues this season, but this isn't one of them. Mahomes should have directed his tantrum at the guy who was way offsides.

Agree, but he is trying to protect his teammate; a lot of ire outside (and probably inside if the truth be known) the locker room.

Go Chiefs!!!

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
I don’t know. I thought they played really well? Considering how “good” the 49ers d line is drew lock seemed to have all the time in the world. I haven’t looked at the final stat line but I could be wrong.
Because of family, it's a rivalry thing with the 'niners. Any time the Hawks can't go toe to toe with the niners, they aren't playing nearly well enough. The chronic ills remain, and it seems like the coach and GM do nothing about it. The O-line can't provide decent protection - just look at all the time other teams' QBs have. And the Hawks have a lousy running game because they have only one running play that doesn't work with an O-line that can't open a hole. And they can't open a hole because the opposing team knows the Hawks will run the same run play 80 to 90% of the time. I know next to nothing about football, and I could plan and set up a defense against that.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Because of family, it's a rivalry thing with the 'niners. Any time the Hawks can't go toe to toe with the niners, they aren't playing nearly well enough. The chronic ills remain, and it seems like the coach and GM do nothing about it. The O-line can't provide decent protection - just look at all the time other teams' QBs have. And the Hawks have a lousy running game because they have only one running play that doesn't work with an O-line that can't open a hole. And they can't open a hole because the opposing team knows the Hawks will run the same run play 80 to 90% of the time. I know next to nothing about football, and I could plan and set up a defense against that.
Oh I believe you guys—if you say the o line is bad. I have no reason to not. I’ve only watched 2 Seahawks games this year. I was only referencing yesterday’s game where either A. They played pretty well or B. The 9era d line didn’t live up to the hype. It may have been a bit of both, but it at least appeared that Lock had plenty of time to throw.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Oh I believe you guys—if you say the o line is bad. I have no reason to not. I’ve only watched 2 Seahawks games this year. I was only referencing yesterday’s game where either A. They played pretty well or B. The 9era d line didn’t live up to the hype. It may have been a bit of both, but it at least appeared that Lock had plenty of time to throw.
Yesterday and last week was some of the most competent the offense has looked all year, believe it or not. Granted, in both games, they reverted back to the same ol' as the game went on - 3rd and 4th quarter was back to Peteball where it's run up the middle twice, setting up a 3rd down that everyone knows is going to be a deep shot, rinse and repeat. Unlike the beginning of the game they'd come out guns blazing on 1st/2nd down... and it worked.

That's one of the many frustrating things about this... they find something that works then immediately go back to the same ol thing that NEVER works because it's how Pete likes to play football.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Just some random thoughts...

The Hawks aren't super likeable these days. And what's worse, is that they aren't particularly interesting either. Who is on the team who is both performing or at least makes you want to cheer for them? Adams is both a bad player at this point and a crappy person. K9 has been injured. DK is a head case who the whole league knows can be goaded into a flag. Lockett has disappeared from the offense. I guess a couple of the defensive guys are kinda cool. Bobo is a great story, when he's out there. JSN and Witherspoon are neat, but there's a lot of rookie mistakes. Geno was a great story and seems like a good dude, but fans can only hear "I gotta play better" so many times after losses and red zone choking. Pete and the coaches seem to have no answers to creating solutions or even a personality to this team.

Where's the Lynch or Kam or Earl or even Russ or Sherman, as divisive as they were sometimes. Why am I supposed to care about this team? They have no personality as a team nor mostly even as individuals. Heck, even Jon Ryan the old punter brought personality to the team.

Now, of course losing always makes stuff like this more noticeable. If they were playing like the niners, would I care how boring or unlikable they all are? Probably not. And yeah, like Evan points out, there have been some flashes the past few weeks. But at the end of the day, it's four L's in a row.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Based on this formation above it is the receivers responsibility to confirm his alignment and more than likely if he had pointed to line judge the judge would have signaled him to back up. You are coached to reference ball to line judge by checking with him not only to be on-sides but also to be far enough behind the line of scrimmage ( not cover up a receiver or go in motion )
Precisely

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
Missed another game due to work, looks like they sucked in the 2nd half again. D kept us close, but 2 interceptions killed it.
Only looking at the high lights Lock looked good in the first half, but 2 ints... welp

Time for new HC and GM, can't continue with this bs with zero work on the O line,need some elite playrs on the line to be successful in the NFL.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Despite a brief rest last season, I'm back on the "time for a new coach" bandwagon I've been on since like.. 2015ish?

But... there's nobody to fire Pete. He runs the Seahawks. We do not have ownership that influences the team at all, for better or for worse. Jody Allen is expected to sell the team in 2025/2026, and that's also when Pete's contract is up. So I expect status quo until then.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Jody Allen is expected to sell the team in 2025/2026, and that's also when Pete's contract is up. So I expect status quo until then.
This is my assumption as well.
No one is going to want to take that gig knowing the shake up thats coming down the line.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Are you talking about the Mariners or the hawks?

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Time for new HC and GM, can't continue with this bs with zero work on the O line,need some elite playrs on the line to be successful in the NFL.
Cross and Lucas are good players, perhaps with potential to be very good, young and likely to around a while.
Interior line needs work, but most teams would like to have 2 good young tackles.
Peters is 41 and the best of that interior group.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Honestly, after taking it on the chin all season last year starting with game one (actually well into this year too--I know Broncos got the right coach, the rest, TBD), I can't tell you how exciting this era of Seahawk football is proving to be.... :LOL:

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Honestly, after taking it on the chin all season last year starting with game one (actually well into this year too--I know Broncos got the right coach, the rest, TBD), I can't tell you how exciting this era of Seahawk football is proving to be.... :LOL:
If anyone deserves to talk a little shit it's you ;)