What's in your vise?

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Do you plan on throwing it on a sinking line, waiting for it to lie nicely on the barnacles and strip it along with your coating back?

I’ll fish it on a full intermediate to start and see how it sinks. If not sinking well, I’ll throw it on a type 3.
SF

Divad

Whitefish
I’ll fish it on a full intermediate to start and see how it sinks. If not sinking well, I’ll throw it on a type 3.
SF
Indeed, I’m yanking your chain. I actually think the movement of that booby will entice a lot of fish as I learned on a miyawaki this last summer. Did a real good job imitating a crippled baitfish or so I was told.

Very clean looking fly you whipped up, going to have to add some white foam shoots to the next order.

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
I’m hoping to a lot more SRC fishing in the next couple months. Messing around trying to zero in on a good general searching pattern:
IMG_4554.jpeg
This one is a Firehole 523 #6 jig hook and 5/32 gold bead. Mallard tail, gold diamond braid with a red wire rib, followed by UV pearl ice dub and red simi -seal. (I use the red wire from the rib to make a wire dubbing loop). Then a mallard collar.

RichS

Life of the Party
Six months and counting until peak topwater season
Jim Stewart’s Lucky Wiggler (variation)
DSCN0009.JPG bass bug.JPG

Hook: Kona XSS #1/0
Weedguard: Mason hard mono
Tail: Olive, Yellow Grizzly and Grizzly hackle over olive silicone legs
Body/head: Olive and Chartreuse deer over white deer
Legs: Silicone pulled through body
Eyes: 7 MM
diving nose: red deer

Last edited:

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
Another chum offering. Bunny, marabou, flash and a few pieces of hoochie skirt tentacles. For lock jawed chum, my hope is that this is the equivalent of chocolate cake, covered chocolate frosting, sprinkled with powdered sugar….served with a cup of hot chocolate. It’s gonna make you sick but you kind of have to eat it if it’s offerred…

IMG_3529.jpegBut

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister
Forum Supporter
Dr-Mummy1080.jpg

Dr Mummy

Hook - Mustad 9671, size 4-6-8

Tying thread - Body - Black nymo; Head - Red

Tail - Golden pheasant tippet

Butt - Peacock herl

Ribbing - Oval gold tinsel

Hackle - Hot orange

Under wing - Pheasant tail fibers

Over wing - Gray mallard flank

Cheek - Jungle cock

Note - The above recipe is from Montana Trout Flies by George F Grant (Spiral bound paper back)

Dr Mummy

Hook - Wilson Salmon, TUE, Size 4-6-8 or Mustad 9671

Thread - Nymo or monocord, black

Tip - Flat gold tinsel

Tail - Golden pheasant tippet

Butt - Peacock herl

Ribbing - Oval gold tinsel

Body - Black floss

Hackle - Hot orange

Under wing - Pheasant tail fibers

Over wing - Gray mallard flank

Cheek - Jungle cock

Note - The above recipe is from Montana Trout Flies by George F Grant (Hard back with color fly plates)

SKYKO

Tail End Boomer
Forum Supporter
Appreciate that, as I'm at a transition point in life with less work and more free time I've definitely gone down the rabbit hole of tying. Something I've wanted to dive into for a long time but could never manage to carve out the time.
Thanks for the compliment, lots of inspiration on this forum and thread, lots of great tying and ideas with a seemingly endless runway.

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister
Forum Supporter
Tamara-Bleue-1080.jpg

Tamara Bleue

Roger Goulet

Tag - Oval silver tinsel
Tail - Barred wood duck fibers
Ribbing - Oval silver tinsel
Body - Powder blue floss under pearl mylar tinsel
Throat - Black and blue hackle fibers
Wing - 3-5 blue krystal flash under black squirrel tail