NFR Best concerts

Non-fishing related

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
I had no idea that saving old ticket stubs was a "thing."
Well I kept a few, at one time after the 'no- rentry' policy was installed at the larger venues, you didn't get to keep a stub. I asked for several of those '75 ones.

I also have an extensive collection of stubs. It was also standard procedure to snag a concert flyer on the way out and still have a few of those.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I had no idea that saving old ticket stubs was a "thing."
I didn't know I had this old stub, it had gotten tossed into my tying room "junk drawer" (do you have a junk drawer?). I decided to purge a few things and found it, took a picture and promptly forgot about the picture. The concert was a lot of fun, my godson and his big brother loved it.

Thread drift: junk drawers and the back shelves of dark closets. What you can find when you decide to clean and purge. Some of the stuff my wife and I found we just shook our heads and wondered why in the heck did we ever keep this thing and that thing.

Back to the thread - no ticket stub but a sort of nice water color on the family room wall we bought down @Mossback's way while listening to the Philadelphia String Quartet at "Concerts in the Barn", that was a lot of fun.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Those Concerts are a real treat for out here. The musicians seem to enjoy the venue also.
PT Jazz Festival also worth checking out, depending on who is playing and where, there have been some stellar artists coming to play in that little town.

Tim L

Stillwater Strategist
Forum Supporter
My brother, a buddy and I ripped 4 of these down outside the Wamu Theater after the show in '08. Large and really thick paper, quite a prize. As we made our way down the street, a guy stopped us, fuming, saying he should have the fourth poster. Simultaneously we told him fuck off and go earn one, the way we did. The nerve of some people!
IMG_8589.jpeg

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
A bit anticipatory for us, but the upcoming Trans Siberian Orchestra concert on Nov. 25th will probably be the best we've seen in a very long time.

Which is saying something because wife is a huge Dar Williams and Toad the Wet Sprocket fan and catches them every chance she gets.

Will be Abbys 2nd concert, but the first of an orchestral fusion type.

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
A bit anticipatory for us, but the upcoming Trans Siberian Orchestra concert on Nov. 25th will probably be the best we've seen in a very long time.

Which is saying something because wife is a huge Dar Williams and Toad the Wet Sprocket fan and catches them every chance she gets.

Will be Abbys 2nd concert, but the first of an orchestral fusion type.

The Trans Siberian Orchestra was/is the band Savatage.

Absolutely on of my favorite bands of all time, and one of the best concerts I've seen. A bar called Madd Dogs in Northgate, a tiny venue back in the 90's!

kmudgn

Steelhead
I forgot to say what a lucky effer you are...
There were 2 shows that night. I had tix to the late show, but got there early and was able to sneak in for the last 1/3 of the first set. Karma, however, is a bitch. When I went to get my car, it was stolen. I ended up taking the subway home. I had no insurance, so I had to take a bus back to VT where I was living. It was a tough and cold couple of months until I could afford to buy another car.

There were 2 shows that night. I had tix to the late show, but got there early and was able to sneak in for the last 1/3 of the first set. Karma, however, is a bitch. When I went to get my car, it was stolen. I ended up taking the subway home. I had no insurance, so I had to take a bus back to VT where I was living. It was a tough and cold couple of months until I could afford to buy another car.
Still, seeing Hendrix almost makes up for it.😉

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
Still, seeing Hendrix almost makes up for it.😉
Dating myself here. Once again. Sometime in the 60s, I believe in middle school, my best friends Mom took us to a concert at the auditorium in Barre Vt, of all places, to see a band called Joey Dee and The Starliters. They were the band of Peppermint Twist fame, fleeting as it was. The band included a young, skinny, emaciated looking dyed red-haired guitarist who twirled around on one leg with the other held out near his shoulders. He also distinguished himself by playing a right-handed Fender upside down left-handed. Little did we know what would become of the fellow with the upside down guitar and the incredibly fast fingers. Strange as it may seem I still remember marveling at what he was able to do and the way he dominated the stage. Little did we know.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
1987, four young punks in Vancouver for the Joshua Tree tour (19 yr old me at right). Seattle wasn't enough of a market to host such a tour - that would change in a few short years.
View attachment 90378
View attachment 90379
Those are great. Love the powder blue Gran Torino there, too. I had a very faded powder blue Torino for a while, a 1970 model.
However, the ONLY time it is acceptable to wear a band t-shirt of the band that is playing, is if you bought the t-shirt that night! Then it’s just easier to wear it than carry it, and not considered a faux pas. :LOL: