NFR Humor

Non-fishing related

Dloy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I didn’t get it either Daniel, as I’ve never been very interested in the Vin Diesel or Rocky flics. But it is pretty funny now that I do. Worthy of a geriatric confrontation skit. Throw Arnold in there for a cage match.

Dloy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
A humorous story some of you here may know. I saw an interview with Denzel Washington where he was asked about his friendship with Desmond Tutu. So I’ll quote, to the best of my recollection:
“Well, I first met Desmond when I visited South Africa in 19xx. We became friends and kept in touch. When he was visiting the US, invited to speak to the UN, I offered to host he and his wife to dinner.”
Stop here for a moment. I don’t recall exactly which community Denzel lives in, but Sylvester Stallone is one of his neighbors. To continue:
“So, when Desmond arrived, understand that he has an entourage of SUVs, limousines, and at least a dozen security staff. So the security staff cleared the house, then set up a secure perimeter outside. At one point several of the security staff were on heightened alert, so I asked if there was a problem. They said that Rocky was outside, craning his neck to see what was going on. Hahaha, he’s OK. Please let him in to meet Reverend Tutu”.
True story, according to Denzel, and my sketchy memory.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zak