Loyalsock-1080.jpg

Loyalsock

Body - Pale yellow floss
Hackle - Black
Wing - Black

Trout - Ray Bergman

RichS

Life of the Party
An adult dragon fly initation which has been effective for me on the few occasions that I have found a fish chasing the red dragons near the reeds. I had been carrying one of these around for about three years between uses before catching a fish on it last week.
Red Dragon 2.JPGred dragon 1.JPG
Hook: wide gap dryfly #8
Abdomen red 1 mm foam over tan 2 mm foam. Tie down at the back of the hook shank and wrap back to secure the foams together and make segments
Thorax: the same foam- one more segment on the hook shank for abdomen and then pulled forward and tied down to create thorax and head
Wings: White congo hair and pearl Krystal flash- this is not tied down but superglued in between the two layers of foam in the thorax.
Eyes: sharpie

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Cut down several sz. 14 dries I'll never fish and made some light wire hare's ear softhackles and diving caddis that should work before I loose them.
20231021_035453.jpg

Last edited:

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister
Forum Supporter
Golden-Girl-1080.jpg

Golden Girl

Roderick Haig-Brown, 1940s

Tip - Gold oval tinsel (fine)
Tag - Orange silk
Tail - Golden pheasant crest
Body - Gold flat tinsel
Hackle - Yellow
Wing - Orange polar bear hair*, two golden pheasant tippet feathers
Topping - Golden pheasant crest

*I used orange bucktail

Classic Steelhead Flies - John Shewey

Scottp

Legend
Noel’s Nobby Hopper (variation)

53270474094_eef7cca11f_c.jpg

53270578615_d8cb9789fa_c.jpg

53270578625_8059eeacc2_c.jpg

Vintage pattern from Tasmanian guide Noel Jetson. Subbed a deer hair body for the chenille to improve floatation.

hook - WFC Model 6 #8
thread - SemperFli 8/0 yellow
body - deer hair dyed yellow
wing - golden pheasant tippet
collar/head - deer hair

Regards,
Scott

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Getting ready for the next pocket water session. Two sizes/weights of coho nymphy/shrimpy things. Larger streamer type stuff, weighted and unweighted to jig frogwater or swing slower pockets. Included a "swing for the fences" skater if I find snappy coho in a shallow, fastwater pocket where I can hang this in the surface film. Just have a hunch these fish will take a surface fly in the right conditions.

Screenshot_20231021_154308_Gallery.jpg

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister
Forum Supporter
Governor-Alvord-1080.jpg

Governor Alvord

Tail - Dark scarlet
Body - Peacock herl*
Hackle - Brown
Wing - Slate married to cinnamon*
Trout - Ray Bergman

Don Bastian Note

* The Governor Alvord has the unique status of being the only peacock herl-bodied fly in all of Ray Bergman’s books with a married wing. When two colors are listed for a married wing as on the Governor Alvord the sections are normally equal in width.