NFR Humor

Non-fishing related

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
My reply was a question, not an answer. "Both" and "Neither" are equally incorrect. I have met some of each over the years. Being in the engineering/prototype interface over my entire career I have met and worked with some highly motivated overweight individuals that don't have a trace of lazy in them. And I have met some fat assed dullards that seemed content to do nothing and be nothing, you just can't generalize based on body type.

M. Hedberg

"I like to have a drink before the show but my manager told me, Mitch, don't use alcohol as a crutch. And I told him, alcohol is not a crutch because a crutch is supposed to help you.....walk better. And alcohol really messes up my walking."

Amy Poehler killed me with this one on the Jimmy Kimmel Show. She's in her podcast persona as Doctor? Sheila, who is a psychiatrist who's bad at her job and doesn't listen to her patients. Jimmy described a marital issue where his wife wants a 90° swimming pool and a 38°plunge pool and asks "Do I jump off the roof or a bridge?" After a brief answer that he may have issues with extremes, she hits him with this little gem:

"I know we've all had thoughts about jumping, but don't talk about it if you're not going to do it."😃

"

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Insulin intolerance, cannot get in at the cellular level, blood sugar stays high and turns to fat storage. Most genetically acquired.
Yeah its genetics

... Not that this belongs in the humor thread, but insulin resistance can be acquired through poor diet, lack of exercise, obesity, etc. It is largely preventable and can even be reversed (don't want a lot of misinformation out there, or in here)

prediabetes-insulin-resistance

Cheers