NFR Best concerts

Non-fishing related

Dweddy89

Smolt
Beck 2008 bumbershoot.
KISS 2018/2019 ?at Tacoma dome. (Dads fave)
Foo FIghters 2011-cousin garage.
That was wild, my cousin won a contest and they played in my uncles auto shop. It was all super secretive before it started.. almost didn’t go because I thought it was fake.

Someone yelled, “kiss him” in the photo

Attachments

• IMG_2907.jpeg
    IMG_2907.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 11

Chris Bellows

Steelhead
Super subjective, but for me Fishbone in the early 90's was the best live band I've ever seen, especially the show I saw in downtown Seattle.

Lots of other good shows but a few others stand out.
-Rebirth Brass Band at the Maple Leaf in 2004 (pre-Katrina)
-This years's Blue Note Jazz Festival in Napa (NAS with a band, Robert Glasper, and Cory Henry)
-Mr Bungle at Brooklyn Steel right before Covid closed down concerts for awhile
-Talib Kweli at the Blue Note Jazz Club NYC in late 2021
-not a typical concert but David Byrne's American Utopia on Broadway was fucking fantastic

Honestly wish I'd done less drugs during most of the concerts I went to when I was young... I feel like I don't really remember all that much on some pretty spectacular lineups.

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
Super subjective, but for me Fishbone in the early 90's was the best live band I've ever seen, especially the show I saw in downtown Seattle.

Lots of other good shows but a few others stand out.
-Rebirth Brass Band at the Maple Leaf in 2004 (pre-Katrina)
-This years's Blue Note Jazz Festival in Napa (NAS with a band, Robert Glasper, and Cory Henry)
-Mr Bungle at Brooklyn Steel right before Covid closed down concerts for awhile
-Talib Kweli at the Blue Note Jazz Club NYC in late 2021
-not a typical concert but David Byrne's American Utopia on Broadway was fucking fantastic

Honestly wish I'd done less drugs during most of the concerts I went to when I was young... I feel like I don't really remember all that much on some pretty spectacular lineups.
Ditto

Wadin' Boot

Badly tied flies, mediocre content
Forum Supporter
The most depressing thing about shows is when you see a cool band in your 20s, everyone looks beautiful and then you go see the same band when you are in your 50s and everyone looks......awful.

It might be the band demographics- I'm talking say Dinosaur Jr, Billy Bragg, X, the Church, Breeders, Nick Cave etc.

Aging hipsters never look as good as Jimmy Buffet fans.

Chris Bellows

Steelhead
The most depressing thing about shows is when you see a cool band in your 20s, everyone looks beautiful and then you go see the same band when you are in your 50s and everyone looks......awful.

It might be the band demographics- I'm talking say Dinosaur Jr, Billy Bragg, X, the Church, Breeders, Nick Cave etc.

Go to a four day rock festival in Kentucky and everyone you’re describing will all of a sudden look pretty damn good.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter

It’s all good, though—a downshift in median attractiveness just makes it easier for handsome devils like us to rank well on the curve…so we can go home and grab 5 hours of shuteye next to our spouses before getting up and going to work.
And anyway, I‘d take anything, even the least of Dinosaur Jr.’s catalog over the best of Buffet’s in a desert island scenario, which is ironic.

JudyM

Steelhead
Cat Stevens in San Fran during his last tour (Yousef)
Ray Davies - King Kat theater 2001
Peter Gabriel - Old Key Arena c.2005
Peter Gabriel had a head full of brown hair, 10 years later no hair and a great grey goatee. Just like wine, some aging makes it better.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
IMG_3041.jpeg
So….last night we saw U2 at the Sphere in Las Vegas. The interior is a giant engineering marvel of poured in place concrete sections…upon which we’re projected the most incredible graphics of any venue I’ve ever been to …it was incredible. The roof was indeed spherical…

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
This is a memory test for me. For some reason within my control I chose to enhance the experience because that is what most did. Consequently I find an accurate memory journal rather difficult.

Starting in 1970…
Wishbone ash. Boz Scaggs Band, Kansas , gentle Giant, the Residents, pink Floyd, thin white rope , john lee hooker. Phoebe snow(2)Argent , black Sabbath(2), blue oyster cult, edgar winter, johnny winter, buckethead, janis Ian, foghat, continued later when I have a Eureka moment.okay… Henry Vestine (canned Heat) Yes, (3)mahavishnu Orchestra, Santana/mcLaughlin(love devotion and Surrender tour), Alice Cooper,ELP, Robin Trower, Jethro Tull, Thin Lizzy, Louden Wainright, Poco(5-6 times cuz they opened for everyone)Spooky Tooth, James Gang, Lonnie Brooks(2),Link Wray, June Tabor

Last edited: