Got any bird pics?

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
I had no idea that could or would eat such large food sources.
They must have some serious digestive juices.
I watched a Heron feeding on young, dumb ground squirrels in the Big Hole valley years ago. I thought it was a rogue Heron at the time . Apparently that is not the case.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Still in town in Montana, you would think the Osprey would be heading south by now, maybe this next week does it....
Admittedly my hearing is quite bad but yesterday I clearly heard sandhill cranes circling above town, then again today. I really love hearing (and watching) these birds as they migrate through the Basin.

Scott Salzer

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Love the sound of the sandhills! I also get a kick out of them as they "tumble" out of the sky. Always look forward to seeing hearing them in the fall. We should be seeing them next week from north central WA.

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Saw this cloud of unidentified raptors in a thermal this AM. Going south on I-205 in the 'Couv (wife driving). Look more like hawks than turkey vultures, but didn't think buteo raptors gathered like that. Sorry for the crappy windshield/sunroof shots.

Screenshot_20230930_094200_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230930_094945_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230930_095906_Gallery.jpg

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
^^^ great pic. It is that time of year. Lots of flocks of small birds moving through too. Trees are loaded with them...
The sandhill cranes are migrating, I love to hear them; often it's hard to spot them. Driving back from CNWR a few days ago, one of the bean fields had just been harvested - there were countless blackbirds in the field. So cool to see them.