Cell Phone Pics

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
A few from our Mt Adams trip this week.

Wanted to see the mountain close up but the weather didn't cooperate. A break in the clouds gave a brief/patchy view.

Screenshot_20230909_104053_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230909_091116_Gallery.jpg

Frustrating at the time, but I'm kinda glad because it forced me to zoom in on the parts I could see ... and revealed the surprise shot of the trip.

Screenshot_20230909_091111_Gallery.jpg

This was taken from the west side overlook 7.5 miles from the mountain, showing the north peak and glacier. Made some adjustments, but actually surprised at the detail.

For reference, here's a screenshot of the original with setting details. Crazy that stinking cell "phones" can get shots like this.

Screenshot_20230910_174208_Gallery.jpg

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
IMG_2969.jpeg
I just took this pic through the lodge window…this guy walked up the trail and is sitting at the fire pit where I was sitting the other night. We are totally fogged in (I was supposed to fly out to Iliamna an hour ago)…if it stays like this much longer, I’m going to pull my waders out of the bag and string up a rod…

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
IMG_2907.jpg

98823 land - there's a high wind warning today and tonight with a high fire danger warning and then: cooling.

IMG_2885.jpg

Vernita Bridge - don't forget your Discover Pass

IMG_2890.jpg

The Wall (not to be confused with Another Brick In The Wall)

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
A few from our Mt Adams trip this week.

Wanted to see the mountain close up but the weather didn't cooperate. A break in the clouds gave a brief/patchy view.

View attachment 81615

View attachment 81616

Frustrating at the time, but I'm kinda glad because it forced me to zoom in on the parts I could see ... and revealed the surprise shot of the trip.

View attachment 81614

This was taken from the west side overlook 7.5 miles from the mountain, showing the north peak and glacier. Made some adjustments, but actually surprised at the detail.

For reference, here's a screenshot of the original with setting details. Crazy that stinking cell "phones" can get shots like this.

View attachment 81617
Wonderful choice for a photograph capture series

G_Smolt

Legend
The spawning aggregation is now moving, amoeba-like, up the local flows. A couple of us hiked far enough up our neighborhood crick to get out in front of it today and were rewarded with some gussied-up char.
This fella didn't miss many meals while waiting for the ladies.
SWR_8545-3-01.jpeg

This one came unpinned before his moment of glory, but the leaving pic (lucky shot) is a pretty good consolation prize.
20230919_142113-01.jpeg

Peace, y'all