Got any bird pics?

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
Great photo!

Scott Salzer

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Sure wish I had the camera and talent of you photogs.

We had an eagle show at Mason Lake with as many as eight eagles in sight a number or times. Both adults and immies. It was really something see as we have never had that many at one time.

There is a downfall. They like to feed at the top of a big fir next to the deck. The discards get pretty ripe as the weather warms.

Kilchis

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Kilchis - Where did you see that guy?

Nice pic.
He might be a she, I think the males are a little darker. It popped out of the brush about 8 feet from me on an Ankeny NWR trail in extreme SW Marion County, Oregon. I think that Black Phoebes are slowly increasing in the Willamette Valley, and a few are even trying to overwinter.

Scott Salzer

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I ask only because I've never seen one. I have seen the Say's many times. That was a good find, I wouldn't expect them in OR. And yes, could be a she.....

Thanks for the info.

Wadin' Boot

Badly tied flies, mediocre content
Forum Supporter
Killdeer "broken wing" behavior
1685765592743.png

1685765746181.png1685765645398.png
Pound for pound the red wing blackbird is ballsy
1685765879043.png
These guys were lined up at the end of a broad shallow bay just before the rip, nabbing what I assume are surf smelts. Later as the tide rose these smelts were all over the place
1685768402407.png

Last edited:

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
I put this slotted entry nest box out a few years ago. It’s designed for Violet Green or Tree Swallows, but the entry is designed to keep out the non native house sparrows.

The first year nobody moved in, but a Northern Flicker pecked out the entry hole.
Then the bees took over and built a nest last year. I cleaned it out in early spring and finally we have nesting Bewick’s Wrens.

Mom and Dad are busy feeding the young ones. I’m hoping they all can successfully fledge.

IMG_5908.jpegIMG_5911.jpeg