Non-fishing related

Clean Willy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
344311455_781773876643940_1345520762074087782_n.jpg

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
"The editor of a fishing magazine once wrote to a writer saying' "We've been running the same old stories for too long, we need something unique, you know , new." The writer wrote back saying, " Well, let's see, trout 'bass, pike and panfish have all been discovered, the fish hook has been invented, I guess I can't help you."

John Gierach, "The View from Rat Lake"

After watching a montage of weight-lifting fails, isn't it amazing how many of these people aren't strong enough to tighten down the chucks on the bar?

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
You know you're getting old when you're tying your shoes and find yourself asking what else you should be doing as long as you're down there.
I don’t need a reminder cup. I am reminded everytime she pinches me and I pinch her right back which does not always end as well as intended.

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
Crocs are old people's friend...Unless, it's icey out..
Which, of course, reminds me of one of my stories: (Thanks for asking)
A few winters ago, I was just parking my truck in front of a sporting goods store, when I saw a fellow senior crossing the street. (He was wearing Crocs which don't do well on ice), when he slipped and fell onto the pavement. I jumped from my pickup and rushed over to see if he wanted to buy a Riverstick wading staff. He declined, so I went into the store to see if they had any extra small brass dumbell eyes, the kind we use for our beach coho flies. They usually sell out fast, so i was able to grab a couple of packs...and...What was the question again ?
“My croc-likes are sparkly so I can find them at the penumbra of lights ebbing.”
I may have to register this^
Crocs are old people's friend...Unless, it's icey out..
Which, of course, reminds me of one of my stories: (Thanks for asking)
A few winters ago, I was just parking my truck in front of a sporting goods store, when I saw a fellow senior crossing the street. (He was wearing Crocs which don't do well on ice), when he slipped and fell onto the pavement. I jumped from my pickup and rushed over to see if he wanted to buy a Riverstick wading staff. He declined, so I went into the store to see if they had any extra small brass dumbell eyes, the kind we use for our beach coho flies. They usually sell out fast, so i was able to grab a couple of packs...and...What was the question again ?
Did you offer to crochet the dumbell eyes to the bottom of his crocs as a traction aid for a small fee?

Well that is where I thought you were going with this…