Shout out to ECHO

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Needed more rod for the steelhead so I started fishing my 10' 6wt stillwater ESN style. I just used the base 4/5 reel with my euroline on it. That reel has been faultless this spring. The rod flicks a mono rig, 3X, and 2 beadhead flies like you're throwing gear.
Well, fell on my ass, didn't let go of the rod, and broke the fighting butt cork in half as it hit weird on a rock. Sent ECHO an email Monday, and got a reply yesterday that they will send out a new one.
Not only do they make great fishing stuff, but the customer service was fantastic.

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Needed more rod for the steelhead so I started fishing my 10' 6wt stillwater ESN style. I just used the base 4/5 reel with my euroline on it. That reel has been faultless this spring. The rod flicks a mono rig, 3X, and 2 beadhead flies like you're throwing gear.
Well, fell on my ass, didn't let go of the rod, and broke the fighting butt cork in half as it hit weird on a rock. Sent ECHO an email Monday, and got a reply yesterday that they will send out a new one.
Not only do they make great fishing stuff, but the customer service was fantastic.
Be careful out there Grandpa! I'm glad it was just your rod you broke.

I recently got to fish with my new Echo 6wt, first fish was a heavy 19 incher. The rod exceeds my expectations with it's accuracy. From the first time I cast it out on the snow of the frozen tundra I was aware that it was easy to hit my target. My first thought was: "Man, my casting really improved over the winter!" It hasn't. The rod made me look good.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Just received the new part. Although the rod fished fine with the metal plug, I noticed I missed the fighting butt when I stuck it on my hip yesterday to deal with the jumbos.
Great customer service from ECHO.

Attachments

• 20230421_083007.jpg
    20230421_083007.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 8