NFR EV's?

Non-fishing related

Chucker

Steelhead
Simple… weight based addition to your your registration fee. How much does your EV weigh?

EV owners already pay an additional weight fee.

Any fair way has to be mileage based. Currently if you own an EV and drive less than 12,000 miles per year you get screwed. Equally, if you drive more than that you don’t pay your share.

If you live in Seattle, you get double screwed because of the local extra tax. It adds up to a few hundred bucks more per year to own an EV.

Chucker

Steelhead
Bought me a second car a couple of weeks ago a 2010 Smart Highstyle Limited Edition with about 42k miles, not electric but gas powered. I'm getting ~40mi to the gal but it's recommended to use min 92 grade gas for performance. I'm not sold on electrics yet due to range limits and recharge time. I find the Smart to be fun to drive (sporty) with good handling for getting into tight spots. Great for running around the city and doing short errands. I'm 6ft, about 245lbs and have no issues fitting inside or driving it..

They must have improved them. I drove a few of the early models years ago, and I hated them. I recall getting a lot more than 40 mpg though.

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Bought me a second car a couple of weeks ago a 2010 Smart Highstyle Limited Edition with about 42k miles, not electric but gas powered. I'm getting ~40mi to the gal but it's recommended to use min 92 grade gas for performance. I'm not sold on electrics yet due to range limits and recharge time. I find the Smart to be fun to drive (sporty) with good handling for getting into tight spots. Great for running around the city and doing short errands. I'm 6ft, about 245lbs and have no issues fitting inside or driving it..

View attachment 55933
Don't those come in pairs-one for each foot?:)

cdnred

Life of the Party
They must have improved them. I drove a few of the early models years ago, and I hated them. I recall getting a lot more than 40 mpg though.
I don't mind driving them, it feels similar to driving a VW bug. The only issue I found was with the automatic transmission, it goes thru the gears similar to a standard shift. If you were driving by someone they'd think you were shifting gears manually. I actually like that feel, gives it a sporty touch when driving. As far as the mileage goes, I've only had it out on the road a few times so I can't vouch for the mileage as of it just what I've been told. So far no regrets since I have a couple of mechanics in town familiar with them. I've heard that many people are having trouble finding qualified mechanics for doing repairs..

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
I'm still getting a Cybertruck. I'll certainly report on how it holds up fishing and camping when it finally gets delivered.
Apparently Telsa is going to come out with a van body on the truck frame...now if they just offer an option for an 18" extended roof.

tesla-cybertruck-renders.jpg

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter

O' Clarkii Stomias

Landlocked Atlantic Salmon
Forum Supporter

cdnred

Life of the Party

So is your back touching the back window?
Deceiving when you view it from outside but quite roomy inside. I'm 6ft, 245lbs and have no issues getting inside to drive. People say that there's no trunk or room to carry anything but you be surprised. Here's pic of the rear cargo area behind the seats..
1677535494267.png