Recent content by Yhandi

1. Yhandi

Kalama river... Where are the trout?

I cannot speak for the kalama river as I have not spent much time on it, and never for trout but I can definitely say that western Washington’s streams have some great trout fishing. Yes I’m talking about all the major cascade systems and I’m sure plenty of you all know this too. I do find that...
  2. Yhandi

Penninsula this week?

Thanks for the info. Yhandi
  3. Yhandi

Penninsula this week?

Hi all, I'm planning on heading out to the Penninsula sometime this week, and I was wondering if anyone cared to help me with some insight on where is the most fishable, I know all the river and I'm certainly not asking for hot spots but I don't spend much time there at all, and a recommendation...
  4. Yhandi

Sea Run Cutthroat Madness on Super Bowl Sunday

I would argue it looks a little different than what I'm used to seeing but there is no doubt in my mind that it is a costal cutty. Just thought it looked a little different than the rest. Super healthy fish to say the least! Yhandi
  5. Yhandi

Update: Today I returned to the creek. I saw the clear weather conditions and knew that I had a good chance at hooking into something large today. I was planning on fishing for a little longer than the last trip. I fished my way up the familiar stretch and got to the money hole. Today, I had not...
  6. 1677306734442.png

1677306734442.png

7. 1677306539004.png

1677306539004.png

8. Yhandi

I like to think that I treat it with the ut-most respect. I don't even take the fish out of the water fully ever unless it's like transporting it from my net to the open water, but that takes only a second.
  9. Yhandi

I don't care to hotspot but if you did some reg combing you might be able to find out where I am... I'm only putting this out there bc the chances of someone finding it are zero to none but I guess there is a chance. It is in fact, a named body of water.
  10. Yhandi

That, I can believe. I will go out next week and see if more or less cutts are appearing. There was a total lunker that I spoke about in the original report of this thread. I want to get him in my net.
  11. Yhandi

There are no salmon that spawn in this creek. Or at least no records of salmon. I’m sure there are a few stragglers but I have never heard of or seen any in here. Now I see that I misread your comment. You said going out to sea to eat, whoops. I’m sure it’s a possibility but I doubt it. This is...
  12. Yhandi

I do suspect it was post spawn. The biggin was a wee bit thin. A “torpedo” of sorts. I’m assuming that he will be golden in a few weeks. Yhandi
  13. Yhandi

There is a little creek that runs thru the property I live on. It is hard to access and cast in as it is very bushy and small. About five feet wide to be exact. In the last few weeks, I have been fishing it and it has more than over-delivered. As I crept up to my favorite hole, I was not...
  14. 1676354592070.png

1676354592070.png